Type keyword(s) to search

S23: James Hinchcliffe: Racing Around The Dancefloor

• Start Topic

Look at it this way....James was never going to go on the DWTS tour...and I doubt any of the other contestants would have been able to do it either.  So, Laurie was willing and able...and she won!

James and Sharna were a great team...and a joy to watch.  Their relationship was so much fun to watch as it grew.

I am proud of James and what he was able to do coming from where he came.  I loved his little speech when he came in second and I thought he was gracious in his second place.  James was always gracious personable and had something to say.  I feel like he showed the world when he hangs up his helmet there are big things waiting for him especially something that involves him being in the public or on camera.

He worked hard and put in long hours.  He had no advantages going in.  No one knew who he was nor did have any kind of training that would make learning dance easier. 

He treated Sharna with respect, listened to her took instruction and to me more importantly acknowledged her hard work also and her choreo.  They were a team. 

So for that I loved and respected him.  They made the season for me.  I didn't need perfect dancing or a set number of Latin vs ballroom.  I just wanted memorable dances so I could get lost in my little Mondayeve show.  For me they delivered that and more.  I said it before and I will say it again, the one thing James had boatloads over all the other celebs was that light and shade in dancing.

On Sharna's instagram there is a beautiful picture sharing the stage for the last time and it is very touching.  It was the first time I cried this season.

I am sure that they will post more comments and pics plus I am looking forward to James' topknot story that he promised. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mondayeve said:

I am proud of James and what he was able to do coming from where he came.  I loved his little speech when he came in second and I thought he was gracious in his second place.  James was always gracious personable and had something to say.  I feel like he showed the world when he hangs up his helmet there are big things waiting for him especially something that involves him being in the public or on camera.

He worked hard and put in long hours.  He had no advantages going in.  No one knew who he was nor did have any kind of training that would make learning dance easier. 

He treated Sharna with respect, listened to her took instruction and to me more importantly acknowledged her hard work also and her choreo.  They were a team. 

So for that I loved and respected him.  They made the season for me.  I didn't need perfect dancing or a set number of Latin vs ballroom.  I just wanted memorable dances so I could get lost in my little Mondayeve show.  For me they delivered that and more.  I said it before and I will say it again, the one thing James had boatloads over all the other celebs was that light and shade in dancing.

On Sharna's instagram there is a beautiful picture sharing the stage for the last time and it is very touching.  It was the first time I cried this season.

I am sure that they will post more comments and pics plus I am looking forward to James' topknot story that he promised. 

Yes, they are a Team, friends that had chemistry on the Dance floor.  Living in Indy & being a race fan, I knew about James as "Mayor of Hinchtown", and of his horrific accident, but DWTS showed me a whole other side of James, and I was amazed...not only a graceful dancer but able to show emotion & become a character...just a joy to watch all season.  

• Love 2

I will watch and rewatch James'and Sharna's (and Jenna, too) again and again in the future. I have a very select list of past dances I watch often. None of the other Season 23 dances make that list. Some good ones happened, of course, but none particularly memorable or different. 

• Love 1

Yep some great stuff on Youtube.  Man they was robbed.  

How much do we love this?   Sharna: Totally cool, I'm used to not winning.   James: Aw, Muffin.... 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 1