Type keyword(s) to search

Sheri: Corrections Officer?

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Sheri, 39, a former corrections officer who is now a stay-at-home mom to three little girls. She hopes that her experience will help her when she returns to the workforce. 

I have to admit- she seems awful week and timid for a maximum security corrections officer.

There are more descriptive bios on aetv.com.  I posted the full link in the media page, but thought I'd post Sheri's here. 

Sheri spent two years as a corrections officer at a maximum-security state prison before starting a family and becoming a stay-at-home mom to three little girls. She found her time in the facility fascinating and has always wanted to see things from a detainee’s point of view.

Sheri’s main duty as a CO was to know the prisoners’ rights and to make sure they are being given their rights at all times. She felt as a CO she did not get the luxuries that the inmates she watched over were given. But overall, Sheri loved the position and credits her time working with the inmates for making her a better, less judgmental person and mother.

Leaving her daughters behind will be the hardest part of this journey, but now that she’s ready to return to her career as a CO, this experience will be eye opening. She’ll learn how other officers operate to determine how she did on the job, and ways she can work more safely and be better at her job in the future.

The Sheriff is interested in hearing Sheri’s perspective as a Correctional Officer in order to better assess his facility.

She felt she didn't get the luxuries the inmates were given??  What kind of maximum security prison was this???

• Useful 1
On 8/22/2016 at 0:18 PM, GenL said:

There are more descriptive bios on aetv.com.  I posted the full link in the media page, but thought I'd post Sheri's here. 

She felt she didn't get the luxuries the inmates were given??  What kind of maximum security prison was this???

It was a "maximum prison". She never said "maximum security".  Maybe it was a "maximum luxury prison"?

• LOL 1
49 minutes ago, Radicalred said:

It was a "maximum prison". She never said "maximum security".  Maybe it was a "maximum luxury prison"?

Lol. Probably. The bio above says maximum-security prison.  Maybe whoever wrote that is just as confused as the rest of us.