Type keyword(s) to search

Media Time: Articles, Clips, etc.

Here's a very interesting fact:

Back for the Finale: Pointed aversion; Randy did not return for the Grand Finale due to some behind-the-scenes politics. Jonathan Taylor Thomas asked to be Demoted to Recurring Character for the eighth season ostensibly to focus on his schooling, but immediately took the free time in his schedule to film a movie. He returns for a Christmas Episode but the bad blood (possibly between him, the producers and his agent) put a strain on negotiations for the finale, and he simply doesn't show up.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Back for the Finale: Pointed aversion; Randy did not return for the Grand Finale due to some behind-the-scenes politics. Jonathan Taylor Thomas asked to be Demoted to Recurring Character for the eighth season ostensibly to focus on his schooling, but immediately took the free time in his schedule to film a movie. He returns for a Christmas Episode but the bad blood (possibly between him, the producers and his agent) put a strain on negotiations for the finale, and he simply doesn't show up.

Yes, there were so many issues between JTT, Tim Allen and other crew members of the show. He left to go to school and then he went and filmed these movies back to back. Pretty much saying: "I made enough money to pay for school this way than if I did another 2 seasons of HI." They crew got upset saying: "So what is it, Jonathan? School, TV or Movies? You can't seem to make up your mind." I remember an interview some place where both Zach and Noah said they thought he didn't think things through. Plus, apparently also JTT's manager at the time, said that it was probably not a good idea to return to the show either, because he DID want be in the final episode. That manager no longer works in the industry, similar to Terry Ferrel's manager from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Who convinced her to leave the show a year before it was ending and then not to show up or make any cameo shots in the final episode. Then also got her fired from Ted Danson's show, Booker that she left DS9 for 3 years later. 

Some agents and managers seriously, are morons. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

2 hours ago, readster said:

Yes, there were so many issues between JTT, Tim Allen and other crew members of the show. He left to go to school and then he went and filmed these movies back to back. Pretty much saying: "I made enough money to pay for school this way than if I did another 2 seasons of HI." They crew got upset saying: "So what is it, Jonathan? School, TV or Movies? You can't seem to make up your mind." I remember an interview some place where both Zach and Noah said they thought he didn't think things through. Plus, apparently also JTT's manager at the time, said that it was probably not a good idea to return to the show either, because he DID want be in the final episode. That manager no longer works in the industry, similar to Terry Ferrel's manager from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Who convinced her to leave the show a year before it was ending and then not to show up or make any cameo shots in the final episode. Then also got her fired from Ted Danson's show, Booker that she left DS9 for 3 years later. 

I've heard that rumor many times but never knew if that was true or not. From the way cast and showrunners acted did make me think it was true. They really seemed to think JTT was going back to school and was mad when he went on and made those two movies. The agent and manager makes the most sense JTT didn't really end up doing much after the show naturally aired. He did the two movies. Then a couple TV movies and a few guest star on shows but not even for a long period of time. The longest one was voicing Tyler Tucker on
the Wild Thornberrys and that was only for six episodes. Odd choices for someone who had to have had better offers at the time.  He was pretty big at the time. He should have gone onto bigger and better things. But he didn't. It doesn't make any sense. Unless he had a crappy agent. He did go to college Harvard for two years 2000 to 2002 and his third year abroad at St. Andrews University. But didn't graduate until 2010 from Columbia. At least according to his imbd page. No idea what he's been doing since or why it took him so long to graduate. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I've heard that rumor many times but never knew if that was true or not. From the way cast and showrunners acted did make me think it was true. They really seemed to think JTT was going back to school and was mad when he went on and made those two movies. The agent and manager makes the most sense JTT didn't really end up doing much after the show naturally aired. He did the two movies. Then a couple TV movies and a few guest star on shows but not even for a long period of time. The longest one was voicing Tyler Tucker on
the Wild Thornberrys and that was only for six episodes. Odd choices for someone who had to have had better offers at the time.  He was pretty big at the time. He should have gone onto bigger and better things. But he didn't. It doesn't make any sense. Unless he had a crappy agent. He did go to college Harvard for two years 2000 to 2002 and his third year abroad at St. Andrews University. But didn't graduate until 2010 from Columbia. At least according to his imbd page. No idea what he's been doing since or why it took him so long to graduate. 

Exactly, and now JTT does director and guest appearances on Last Man Standing. Showing, that Tim Allen and JTT have buried the hatchet. It reminds me of Shelly Long leaving Cheers. The show was doing fantastic, but she wanted to focus more on her growing family and filming schedule for movies, which backfired on her immensely, but then of course caused Cheers to last 6 more years because they retooled the show for those reflections. We started seeing that in the last season as they brought Marty and Jeff and the twins into the store more. There was even talk of Carrie being more common. ABC and Disney screwed up because they over Tim Allen 3 times more money then they were going to offer Patricia Richerson and as Allen put it: "It became more about the money and not the show." Though he did Santa Clause 3 due to needing money as his 1st marriage was falling apart then, and we know how history remembers that movie. I think time, JTT growing up and Tim Allen's change in money and views is why they are on such good terms now. Basically: "We both didn't know better then, now we do." 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, readster said:

Exactly, and now JTT does director and guest appearances on Last Man Standing. Showing, that Tim Allen and JTT have buried the hatchet. It reminds me of Shelly Long leaving Cheers. The show was doing fantastic, but she wanted to focus more on her growing family and filming schedule for movies, which backfired on her immensely, but then of course caused Cheers to last 6 more years because they retooled the show for those reflections. We started seeing that in the last season as they brought Marty and Jeff and the twins into the store more. There was even talk of Carrie being more common. ABC and Disney screwed up because they over Tim Allen 3 times more money then they were going to offer Patricia Richerson and as Allen put it: "It became more about the money and not the show." Though he did Santa Clause 3 due to needing money as his 1st marriage was falling apart then, and we know how history remembers that movie. I think time, JTT growing up and Tim Allen's change in money and views is why they are on such good terms now. Basically: "We both didn't know better then, now we do." 

Yes, they have which is great. I agree with Tim Allen rejecting the offer because they wouldn't give Patricia Richardson the same amount of money which is crappy. She's been on the show as long as he was. She deserved it every bit as much as him. It would have been nice if they had continued. But then again ABC could have if they just offered the same amount. But it wasn't the first dumb decision ABC made or the last (I'm still amazed they didn't see how fans would react regarding Castle continuing without Becket and Lainie). Its a nice thing that Allen did even thought it ended up meaning he needed to do Santa Clause 3 for money. JTT doesn't seem to be with that agent anymore or much acting. Maybe he realized he got screwed over. Either way I'm glad their on good terms. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, they have which is great. I agree with Tim Allen rejecting the offer because they wouldn't give Patricia Richardson the same amount of money which is crappy. She's been on the show as long as he was. She deserved it every bit as much as him. It would have been nice if they had continued. But then again ABC could have if they just offered the same amount. But it wasn't the first dumb decision ABC made or the last (I'm still amazed they didn't see how fans would react regarding Castle continuing without Becket and Lainie). Its a nice think that Allen did even thought it ended up meaning he needed to do Santa Clause 3 for money. JTT doesn't seem to be with that agent anymore or much acting. Maybe he realized he got screwed over. Either way I'm glad their on good terms. 

It's not like companies like ABC do very stupid decisions, CBS, NBC, Fox, ect have made some real big: "Seriously, what were you thinking?" moves. Similar right now canceling all of the Netflix series and basically saying: "They won't be on our new Disney+ streaming service any time soon." So, why cancel successful series just because you want everyone under the same banner and not share?" Similar to how ABC cancelled Tim Allen's series, Last Man Standing and as much it wasn't over politics and more costs, which both parties have now confirmed. Why not just do the final season and move their successful comedies to Friday night. Where the hell did the idea of putting news and drama on Friday's on the same channel think that was a good idea when more people watch for that in the summer when nothing else is on TV? Yes, HI was starting to run out of ideas and ZTB was talking about cutting his time to half as he was going to school locally. However, ABC shot themselves in the foot as a result with offer Allen more money and then JTT's agents thinking he could fight city hall. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, readster said:

It's not like companies like ABC do very stupid decisions, CBS, NBC, Fox, ect have made some real big: "Seriously, what were you thinking?" moves. Similar right now canceling all of the Netflix series and basically saying: "They won't be on our new Disney+ streaming service any time soon." So, why cancel successful series just because you want everyone under the same banner and not share?" Similar to how ABC cancelled Tim Allen's series, Last Man Standing and as much it wasn't over politics and more costs, which both parties have now confirmed. Why not just do the final season and move their successful comedies to Friday night. Where the hell did the idea of putting news and drama on Friday's on the same channel think that was a good idea when more people watch for that in the summer when nothing else is on TV? Yes, HI was starting to run out of ideas and ZTB was talking about cutting his time to half as he was going to school locally. However, ABC shot themselves in the foot as a result with offer Allen more money and then JTT's agents thinking he could fight city hall. 

Oh, yes so many if not all networks have made stupid decisions. USA and TNT turned away from the great shows they used to do to ones that really don't seem to do well. I don't understand Netflix canceling so many of their series. It makes no sense. Why when they are doing well? Same with Last Man Standing who cancels a show that's doing well and on Fridays which isn't easy. Isn't that point? HI was still doing good in the numbers with season eight even after JTT left which was the big concern. They could have gone on another season.  I do question how well Disney's own streaming service, CBS access, and others are going to go. One of the best parts of Netflix and Hulu was being able to watch entire series of a bunch of different shows. You didn't have to shell out a ton of money to buy entire seasons. You just had to subscribe to Netflix and Hulu. Two and maybe three with Amazon is fine. It was great and convenient. But we're going to get to the point soon that there's going to be so many different streaming. Who's going to be shelling out money for all those?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, readster said:

What interview with Zach and Noah did they mention that?

15 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

What interview with Zach and Noah did they mention that?

Have to look, but it was an interview around 2001, when they were talking about "where are they now" Zach had just been on Smallville and Noah had done voice work for the old Batman Beyond animated series.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, readster said:

Have to look, but it was an interview around 2001, when they were talking about "where are they now" Zach had just been on Smallville and Noah had done voice work for the old Batman Beyond animated series.

Please do look, because I'm interested in the interview.

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/patricia-richardson-has-no-regrets-about-leaving-hollywood-for-family-exclusive/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5975295363001

And here is more information about the upcoming Lifetime movie:

But these days, Richardson is keeping busy. She is currently appearing in the new Lifetime film “A Christmas in Tennessee” where she gets to return to her musical roots. The film explores how a baker (Rachel Boston) unites the people of her small mountain town to stop a real estate developer. Richardson plays the 36-year-old’s mother.

“My first job in New York was [on Broadway in 1974’s] ‘Gypsy,’ and then I didn’t work for a year,” said Richardson. “If you did musicals, they sort of didn’t take you seriously as an actor. I’m not that great of a singer, but I can belt! Growing up we moved a lot, and we were always in the church choir. I was also in school choruses, so I grew up singing with people and that’s still my favorite thing to do.”

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Also on:

488DE7EB-D8D7-4C14-AE7A-11611997D6C9.png

Definitely my second favorite Taylor Christmas Home for the Holidays. Bright Christmas really could have been better. I do like Jill worrying about how hard Christmas was going to be for her mom. But it should have been hard for the whole family. The first Christmas without their dad/grandfather? The first Christmas is always the hardest. Its a little surprising that Tim's not checking in to see if Jill, Lillian and the boys are doing okay. He's being through it all before with his dad. He knows how hard the first Christmas is. Although I do like Parker and wish we had gotten to see more of him or at least how the relationship went.  No Place Like Home doesn't feel at all like a Christmas episode even though it technically its. Its a good episode about how hard it is to sell your family home. And I love Tim's attempt to try and buy it. Its such a knee jerk reaction wanting to keep it and also the horror that the people who just bought the house are going to make changes. Which means taking down or apart things your father put up. With my family it was my grandparents house it was so hard to sell but had to. It was a beautiful Victorian home that Grandpa worked hard on and full of memories. Then we made the mistake of driving by after it was sold and seeing it trashed. Season 5 Christmas its just hard to listen to Al going on and on unable to stand up to his mother or put Iiene first. I know he eventually does it but its hard watching a grown man having such a hard time deciding what to do. I do love that Tim's Christmas lights were able to land the plane. And the Clown. Season 4 Twas the Night Before Chaos parts of it remind me of my own family Christmas with family visiting and squabbling relatives. I don't really like Jill getting involved in her parents' fight when her mother didn't want her too. She was just venting. And Tim warning her not too because she always ends up regretting it. But she doesn't listen and it blows up in her face. I do love Fred watching Patton with Claire and Gracie it really was cute, Tim getting him to help by mentioning his competition is Navy (knowing many people in various branches never tire of Army/Navy/Air Force feuds it is so true. My family we were always Army and against Air Force, Navy became one after a relative dared to join the Navy instead of the army). I love Tim's talk with Fred. Fred and the boys eating Nana's cinnamon rolls. I didn't like season 3 with Brad being a brat I know he's a kid but he was being a jerk and then tried to sneak out of the house to go hitchhike which was stupid and dangerous. I didn't really like the rest of the episode it was just okay.  Same with the first Christmas in season one it was just okay. I'm Scheming of a White Christmas was just so much better and such a good episode. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

It is great, but it's played way too much.

Yeah, networks are very good at doing that. At first its great because you want to see the movie or haven't seen it in awhile. But they play it all the time that you get sick of it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Forgot to post this one a long time ago:

And I happened to find this while searching!

That's great! The first one must be from the episode where they go to Jill's cousin's wedding and Tim turns it into a vacation too. The other one of course from the episode where Lisa came back for a visit. Great pictures!

• Love 1