Type keyword(s) to search

Media Time: Articles, Clips, etc.

Here’s something interesting:

The series ended after eight seasons in 1999 due to a salary dispute between Allen and Richardson (Richardson was offered $25 million to do a ninth season; Allen was given double that). The two declined the offer and the series came to an end as a result.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Here’s something interesting:

The series ended after eight seasons in 1999 due to a salary dispute between Allen and Richardson (Richardson was offered $25 million to do a ninth season; Allen was given double that). The two declined the offer and the series came to an end as a result.

Yeah, @roadster, mentioned here or in the all episode thread that Allen didn't want to do the show if they wouldn't give Richardson the same amount as he was offered. The network rejected it. I think Zachary Ty Bryan was thinking of leaving the show. As much as I'd love another season of HI I don't think it would have worked with Brad and Randy both gone. Even if Zachary agreed to be in some episodes it just wouldn't be the same. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, @roadster, mentioned here or in the all episode thread that Allen didn't want to do the show if they wouldn't give Richardson the same amount as he was offered. The network rejected it. I think Zachary Ty Bryan was thinking of leaving the show. As much as I'd love another season of HI I don't think it would have worked with Brad and Randy both gone. Even if Zachary agreed to be in some episodes it just wouldn't be the same. 

Taran was done with acting after the show ended, so I don't think would've he wanted to do another season either.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Taran was done with acting after the show ended, so I don't think would've he wanted to do another season either.

That's a good possibility. He might have held out one more year if Allen and Richardson went or he might have decided he was done. He's said when the show was done he was done. Either way I don't think it would have been a very good season with only one Taylor kid still at home or one with a temporary Brad, or zero kids. One it wouldn't make any sense giving Mark's age and after watching eight years of the boys growing up to suddenly go to one and a half, or one or zero just wouldn't have worked. We would have wanted to see Brad starting college, Mark starting high school and even though he wasn't coming back we wanted to see Randy in school, dating Lauren, and whatever else that would have happened.  

• Love 1

That's a good possibility. He might have held out one more year if Allen and Richardson went or he might have decided he was done. He's said when the show was done he was done. Either way I don't think it would have been a very good season with only one Taylor kid still at home or one with a temporary Brad, or zero kids. One it wouldn't make any sense giving Mark's age and after watching eight years of the boys growing up to suddenly go to one and a half, or one or zero just wouldn't have worked. We would have wanted to see Brad starting college, Mark starting high school and even though he wasn't coming back we wanted to see Randy in school, dating Lauren, and whatever else that would have happened.  

I think 8 seasons is enough, though a 9th one sounded like a good idea.

• Love 1

Here’s a rarity!

https://archive.org/details/MelrosePlaceHomeImprovementFinales1999

The original broadcast version of Backstage Pass, which is really the true series finale. This has never been in any of the packages (Syndication, TBS, Nick At Nite, WGN, TV Land, UP TV, Laff), and hasn’t been on TV since its original airing.

Also includes Parts 2 & 3 (No Part 1) of The Long And Winding Road.

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Here’s a rarity!

https://archive.org/details/MelrosePlaceHomeImprovementFinales1999

The original broadcast version of Backstage Pass, which is really the true series finale. This has never been in any of the packages (Syndication, TBS, Nick At Nite, WGN, TV Land, UP TV, Laff), and hasn’t been on TV since its original airing.

Also includes Parts 2 & 3 (No Part 1) of The Long And Winding Road.

That was really cool! I hadn't seen it since the original airing! I'm not even sure I remember much of it.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Movie alert:

I'll Be Home For Christmas on Freeform today at 4:30 PM.

Its a pretty good Christmas movie. I liked Wild America best and Tom and Huck second best.  Wild America was just a fun. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, andromeda331 said:

Its a pretty good Christmas movie. I liked Wild America best and Tom and Huck second best.  Wild America was just a fun. 

I ended up seeing the whole and thought it was pretty good. Surprised by the plot twist at the end though.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Here’s something very interesting.

A different set of twins were used for Marty’s daughters on the show. Only one episode had different girls (The girls who played Pubert Addams in Addams Family Values).

50-DC3-C34-CB44-4486-B829-48277-EE27-D62

3-A774-BCD-EC62-488-C-B5-F6-0216678-B38-

7-F2836-C0-6-C69-418-A-B6-E7-E1-E07380-E

D9-BE85-A1-EFAB-4-A20-BF54-53-D328-CBBFF

Neither set of twins went did much acting aside from Home Improvement at least according to imbd. The older twins from season eight other acting credit is Cast Away. While the younger set from season seven did Home Improvement, Addams Family Values, and Tag Team Addams family. They both did a good job on the show. But watching Tim and little Gracie in season seven's Say Goodnight Gracie was really cute. I do like Tim being out of his element at first but then having a lot of fun.

• Love 1

Neither set of twins went did much acting aside from Home Improvement at least according to imbd. The older twins from season eight other acting credit is Cast Away. While the younger set from season seven did Home Improvement, Addams Family Values, and Tag Team Addams family. They both did a good job on the show. But watching Tim and little Gracie in season seven's Say Goodnight Gracie was really cute. I do like Tim being out of his element at first but then having a lot of fun.

Yes it was really cute, but Tag Team Addams Family is a music video believe it or not.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Right off the bat, I knew that was "Ham Porter" from The Sandlot.

He also played Becca's brother in Son in Law and was in an episode of the Closer in the first season Fantasy Date. While in the HI episode he appears to have a crush on Randy. 

• Love 1