Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19: “May we live to fight another day.”

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, balmz said:

With jack and the judge in zero, maybe it was jack was scared of his own morality and the judges state was an unpleasant what if that jack may face one day 

Maybe Jack was more sympathetic due to age, plus he knew the judge for a while and maybe he wanted to grant him the benefit of the doubt that he would know if he wasn’t fit anymore. It was a sad situation, and I felt for the judge.     
Fortunately Jack stayed mentally sharp during his entire run as DA, I’m really glad he got such a strong exit this season. 

• Like 2
On 3/13/2024 at 8:30 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Maybe Jack was more sympathetic due to age, plus he knew the judge for a while and maybe he wanted to grant him the benefit of the doubt that he would know if he wasn’t fit anymore. It was a sad situation, and I felt for the judge.     
Fortunately Jack stayed mentally sharp during his entire run as DA, I’m really glad he got such a strong exit this season. 

So did I. The poor judge. It would be hard to accept you can't do your job anymore because your no longer fit. I like the twist that it wasn't the clerk controlling things but trying to help the judge. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So did I. The poor judge. It would be hard to accept you can't do your job anymore because your no longer fit. I like the twist that it wasn't the clerk controlling things but trying to help the judge. 

The clerk was manipulative though, she seemed to have a crush on Cutter so she was ruling in Cutter’s favor, then she switched gears when Cutter got suspicious. The judge was very sympathetic, his whole life was devoted to practicing law/being a judge and he just couldn’t accept he was no longer fit to do what he loved. It was a sad situation. I liked at the end when the judge came to Jack’s office and remembered Adam being in the office, and how he loved to eat sandwiches there, that was a nice touch as we all know Adam ate sandwiches frequently in his office. It was also realistic that sometimes people with dementia/Alzheimer’s can remember people and things from a while back but can’t recall basic things from the present, as shown when the judge forgot who Jack was moments later. It was a very tough situation, and dementia is a terrible disease, I’ve had a couple of relatives with it and it’s very difficult to watch them decline, so I really felt for the judge.

• Like 2
On 3/18/2024 at 7:41 AM, Xeliou66 said:

It was a very tough situation, and dementia is a terrible disease, I’ve had a couple of relatives with it and it’s very difficult to watch them decline, so I really felt for the judge.

It really is. My grandfather had it and it was really hard. And I'm pretty sure my dad has dementia. It's at the beginning but it's not easy. It's weird how sometimes my brother and I will be talking about him while he's in the room and he doesn't even notice. We all make sure someone is always with him at doctor's appointments because doesn't hear what the doctor's saying or thinks the doctor asked a question and my dad will give a different answer. At first we thought he just had a hearing problem but no. 

• Like 1