Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Indianapolis Qualifier

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Probably the Guinness Records people. They would make a record out of ANYTHING. "He's the first person to skip one of the Quintuple Steps on four separate non-consecutive occasions on calendar years beginning with 201-!"

Hahahahaha! I love it.

On 6/13/2016 at 7:04 PM, Lantern7 said:

Looks like the Wolf Pack isn't going to do well in the weeks to come, given how little time Ian Dory and Brian Arnold got. And Brian was the captain of the team that won Team Ninja Warrior, Party Time. Jake Murray was also on that team, but they didn't bring it up.

I think they did Ian Dory and his new haircut wrong, he was the third place finisher from last season and this season they dont even show his run?! Brian Arnold may be overrated these days, but I feel that Ian deserved more.

• Love 1

I have no issue with ANW paying Kacy to make appearances at all city finals.  Kacy wasn't just the first woman up the warp wall.  If that was all she did, then I think she would get the same level of attention as Megan.  Kacy completed a hard city finals that most men failed at and that I thought was physically impossible for someone her size to complete.  I was so angry when I saw the course because it did not seem possible, yet she did it.  And, that is what made her a SuperStar.  She rocked and no other woman has completed a final course yet.

Megan was the first woman to complete the spider jump because she was given a wild card, unlike Kacy who earned her place in Las Vegas.  [ETA: I don't mind wildcards,but mind when people act like Kacy is the only one that got a wild card]. Kacy had perfect form but it was physically impossible for her to nail that jump.  If the course was adjustable so that distance and heights were proportioned based on a person's height.  I think only a handful do of the contestants - the Weatherman, Kevin Bull, flip and maybe a few others-- would be able to go as far.  A 5'8" person would have to face a 15.8 ft warped wall to match a 5ft person with 14ft wall.  ANW favors taller athletes.

Kacy inspired women to become ninjas.  She also inspired kids who could see someone small do the impossible so maybe they could too.  She has been good for ANW.  

as for the Wolfpack, I am glad Isaac is not competing whatever the reason. I don't  like Wolfpack.  They take themselves too seriously and are not fun to watch.  

About this episode.. It is much improved over last week's.  I felt so bad for the Strager family.  You can tell the illness is taking a heavy toll on the family.  His run was not the joyous affirmation of life like last year.  The wife seems to be in a lot more pain and struggling.  It's so sad about the kids.  I hope they only found the markers and the disease has not been triggered yet so there might be time to find a cure.  

I don't like the rolling log.  It's too dangerous.