Type keyword(s) to search

'Legacy' versus Past Incarnations: What Went Wrong?

Odd that Kiefer is going to be POTUS on ABC while producing this for FOX....Not sure that Bourne Legacy applies unless this Ranger team was chemically enhanced and someone ratted them out to "Bin-Laden" followers for plausible denial reasons. More like 24 meets Starsky & Hutch where Carter can only trust a more violent version of Huggy Bear. Mix in some Burn Notice / Game of Thrones for constant betrayal and reluctantly working the "enemy of my friend may actually be my friend" angle. 

Just from the trailer I'm getting a Homeland vibe from this so far. Soldiers on a secret mission come home but the bad guys follow them sounds very familiar. And since this is 24 we know at least one of them is going to be a mole! Homeland has been shamelessly cribbing from 24 for a couple-few seasons now so I guess it's only fair that 24 returns the favor.

I just hope this new series keeps the writing as tight as 24's season 9 did. There was no time for nonsense so no plots about mountain lions or suicidal teenagers and instead of a silly game of catch-and-release with the villains, Jack resorted to throwing them out of windows. I can see from the trailer that there's already some career versus family drama baked in but hopefully they won't dwell on it too much because I really don't care if their family lives fall apart because their significant others want them to stop chasing bad guys. Seriously people, do you know what show you're on?!

• Love 1