Type keyword(s) to search

The Music of 12 Monkeys

(edited)

The main song used for season one was Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine." I used to associate it with Dirty Dancing but it is now forever Cole thinking about Cassie.

It appears that the song for season two is another Otis Redding song called "Come to Me" but the version used in S2.E2 is a cover by Kelsy Karter. Following the role reversal theme we've been seeing in S2, it's a song sung by a woman and it's been shown during Cassie scenes. I don't know if Cole/Cassie is the endgame pairing, but for now I am going to believe that this song doesn't refer to Cassie/Deacon.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

S2.E05 - Bodies of Water

Jennifer's personal theme song was the Mary Tyler Moore theme "Love Is All Around" (written and originally performed by Sonny Curtis)* as covered by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts in 1996.

Unfortunately, the Jett cover was only released as a single (Discogs.com) with a length of about 2:26 and this full version does not appear available for download/purchase on Amazon Music or Google Play, as they both just have an edited 60-second version for purchase from a "Greatest Hits" album.

*Not to be confused with The Troggs' song or other songs that share the same title.

• Love 2
(edited)

S2.E6 "Slow Ride" by Foghat!

S2.E7 "Moving Train" by Kelsy Karter (this song was written specifically for 12 Monkeys - hee, there's a mention of a time machine in the lyrics):

• Love 1
(edited)

S3.E5 - New York 1989!

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher

The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269 "Spring": I. Allegro - Vivaldi

Bonus: Deacon said that there was a Genesis song playing in the lobby but he didn't specify which song. They didn't have a big hit in 1989, so I'm just throwing out this one:

(edited)

S3.E6 - New Jersey 1953

There were two songs in this episode but I wasn't able to identify the song from the beginning of the episode. The second song was "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."

(edited)

S3.E7 - 1953

Sarajevo - Max Richter & Sarah Leonard

Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air ("On a G String")

Christmas Boogie - Davis Sisters

Ba Da - Roy "Boogie Boy" Perkins