Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: A Material World

I'm not disagreeing, but why do you think it wouldn't be Lockhart, Florrick, and Agos, LLC?

I just figured that he was nowhere near Diane and David Lee professionally. It just seemed unfair that LG has all those partners that have worked years for the firm and then they bring a late 20s guy (who left with many clients) and put him in the firm name. That is also true for Alicia, but she was talking, so clearly she was in - I guess the guvernor's name wouldn't hurt.

And I did not even considered they would take Will's name out.. to me it would have been Lockhard, Gardner, Florick (& Agos if the writers remember Cary).

It is like the show was trying to tell me losing Will was a bigger loss to Alicia than losing her whole dream life and finding herself alone with a husband in prison after public scandal of infidelity dropped on her with no money or job.

I am actually willing to buy this, only because death is different than those other things - a sudden death like Will's comes with so much regret, which is different than the anger at a cheating spouse. I think the stay-at-home life wasn't actually her dream life at all, either. She strikes me as someone who can cope if there is Action to Take - so in the case of Peter cheating she had Stuff to Do - get a job, etc. With the death of Will, she has no tasks to focus on. 

• Love 1

I can buy it too- a situation similar to this happened to a friend of mine in grad school, minus the cheating husband and affair, and even though she had a super nice husband, the death of the one who got away due to bad timing made her seriously consider ending her marriage. She didn't in the end, but she thought very seriously about it.

I thought the whole reason that Alicia left LG was because she wanted her marriage to Peter to work. That was the path she chose. She always had some ambivalence about it, but let's face it, Alicia likes assholes. Will wasn't the nicest guy either. And Peter is the father of her children. I think she is blaming Peter for her own ruining of her friendship or whatever with Will.

I did think the Peter/Alicia split was believable. For too long (FAR too long) Alicia has been drifting in indecision over her marriage - now that her alternative to Peter has been taken away and she's forced to confront her remaining option, she decides she doesn't want him. How endearing of Peter to immediately accuse her of wanting another affair and I wish Alicia, in response to his question "How many times do I have to apologise!?" if she'd have said "Well, once would be a start!" OK, he may have apologised a bunch of times offscreen, but if we don't see it, it might as well not have happened. I also thought Alicia's breakdown was believable, though it was a bit unbelievable that everyone was so tolerant.

Kalinda thoroughly deserved that slap, though it was nice to see she had Diane's back. And she didn't even have to seduce anyone (probably)!

I'm somewhat dreading the reintroduction of Michael J Fox. One of the weaknesses of this season has been that every case has been Florrick v Gardner, so the reunification between LG and FAA would actually mean we could see some different opponents. If there isn't going to be a reunification, that means that's going to persist next Season, unfortunately.