Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda and Kelly: Tenacious and Sensitive Investigators

I kind of find myself wishing I was sure how much of their work was setup for the camera vs. not.  I mean I suspect there's an advance team that goes in first to each location and does most of the investigating, a good amount of pre-interviewing, etc. (and I don't mean the normal investigative steps of the locals, but a team sent in for the show to evaluate the viability of a location/story).  Leading me to suspect at least SOME of the candid "aha" moments might be re-enactments.  Not all of them--clearly when they get an actual criminal to let something slip nobody's going to want to re-create that moment, but notice that Kelly and Yolanda are rarely directly on camera for those moments.  They appear to be in some other area watching on CCTV, and it's easily possible that the actual interview could be weeks before and the ladies are acting as if they're seeing it done live.  This isn't always the case--there have been a few times we've seen Kelly actually helping to interview a suspect, but its the exception not the rule when she does.