Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Garry Shandling: It's Great That Garry Shandling Is Still Alive

It was nice to see how genuinely fond Jerry is of Garry; such a long and heartfelt hug to say hello. Their trip to the Comedy Store made me wonder if Mitzi really did have some kind of grudge against Jerry. I also wanted to know what current sitcom is being filmed on the old Seinfeld soundstage; it didn't look familiar at all.

The show also made me rummage around online to see if I could find eps of It's Garry Shandling's Show. I always liked it even more than Larry Sanders.

I would agree that this one held the most weight in a while. As much as I enjoy the ones where Jerry gets a chance to interact with up and coming comedians, and pick their brains, these ones where its him and his friends really hit home.

That piece in the Comedy Store was incredible. From Gary telling the story of the waitress and moving the mic to make the lone patron uncomfortable, to looking at the wall, and Jerry noting that he hadn't seen his picture, but that was okay.

Gary's Jimmy Fallon story was pretty good too.

• Love 1

Just heard the news that Garry Shandling has died, at age 66. My first thought was of this episode with Jerry and how close they were. I've been a fan of both of them since way back. Such sad news :(

Edited by Eln5
  • Love 2