Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Lobby

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

This seems like the right place to mention this movie game I recently got involved with.

Around Christmas, a friend from the old twop (but not on PTV) invited me to join a private league in the Fantasy Movie League.  There are just four of us in a small group, learning as we go along.

Basically, you run a movie theater with up to 8 screens. Kinda - sorta like fantasy football, each weekend you theoretically get $1000 to 'buy' movies to play in your theater.  Once you have your league and your decision on what movies to play, your picks are locked by 9am Friday Pacific time for the 3-4 day weekends.

Pick the right combination and each week they 'award' 1st/ 2nd / 3rd etc.

No REAL money, it's just a game for people who pay attention to the movie biz.

There's more to it (bonuses, demerits if you don't have all 8 screens filled) but just wanted to describe the site. Here are the rules. There are some prizes the site has, but - I'm still so far off on thinking I'm "winning" anything, I just play it as a game.

I don't know how long it's been around. For all I know, the hardcore movie people in the thread know of the game, maybe play already.  There are 4 -thirteen week cycles.  (spring/ summer/ fall/ winter) Right now they are in week 9 of the winter cycle.  If you're interested I thought we could start a PTV league of sorts.

This weekend I picked Kung Fu Panda 3, Star Wars, Daddy's Home and The Big Short - and will get a $8mil penalty for leaving 4 screens empty. KFP3 better open big or I'm hosed.  In three weeks of playing I've won one week, and overall have "grossed" $213mil. 

Anyone else here already play this?

Edited by King of Birds