Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Live Eliminations

• Start Topic

Yeah, I still don't get what Adam meant by this, and to be honest I'm continually surprised that that statement made it through editing and got repeated in some of the recaps. I guess it could be a reason for assumptions by America.....

It must fit whatever narrative the show wants to tell. The coach pitches supposedly go on for a long time. It doesn't "make it through editing". The show intentionally decided to include it and repeatedly show it.

. The US definitely has the most 4 chair turns.

To this I would add...the last few seasons. I think there are more 4-chair turns each season and imho it's not because the talent is so great.

The show intentionally decided to include it and repeatedly show it.

Maybe I don't understand editing (which I thought meant deciding what to keep and toss after filming), but this is exactly what I mean. Someone in post-production decided to keep "you might be the most important person to ever appear on this show".

Yeah, maybe I misread your post. The point I was trying to make is the coach pitches are usually very long (up to 30 min or so based on former contestant interviews) and the editors have a lot of material to work with. Like any other reality show, there is a ton of editing and the viewers end up seeing the story/characters that the show wants them to see.

• Love 1