Type keyword(s) to search

2K15 Live Show 3: Movie Songs

One of the strongest night in XFactor. It's really difficult to rank them. I mostly enjoy the performances so I am expecting a shock elimination.

1 - Louisa

2 - 4th Impact

3 - Che

4 - Lauren

5 - Mason

6 - Monica

7 - Reggie and Bollie

8 - Anton

9 - Max

Prediction

Eliminated : Monica

Sing off : Reggie and Bollie vs Mason

- Mason : mediocre singing, okay-ish rapping & dancing. Sadly, it'll probably be enough to save him this week.

- Max : Started out pretty rough, got somewhat better later on, but pretty generic performance of a bland song. Also, his singing face bothers me.

- Louisa : she really should tone down the oversinging, and once again, wasn't too fond of that song choice, but it was fine for what it was, and anyway, it's not as if she's in any danger of leaving anytime soon.

- Monica : wasn't bad per se (wasn't particularly memorable either, mainly because Monica seemed too tentative & unsure), but the instant they announced the new song as being "What is Love", all I could thing of was, obviously, this.

- Reggie & Bollie : as usual, singing isn't their strong suit, but energy & fun are. The farther they go, the least boring the show will be.

- Anton : typical Anton as far as the mannerisms went, but I didn't hate it.

- 4th Impact : as usual, I don't really care for their act, but they'll stay in the competition till the end (or near), especially with the sympathy vote going for them due to that health issue.

- Lauren : hey, she seemed confident, didn't felt out of place... for once, everything kinda worked for her, as far as i'm concerned.

- Che : solid, as usual. Wasn't necessarily his best performance, though.

I'd have Monica & Max in the bottom two, with Anton not far from there due to his mannerisms, maybe. Or Mason, depending on whether his MIB performance was enough to win him some votes.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 1

Mason Noise: Nick finally did it. "Can we make some noise for Mason Noise?" Now can he go home? So I think the rapping and dancing helped a lot. In other words, he's just not a great singer. But is he worse than Justin Timberlake? I'd say... not by much. So he could be sticking around for a while.

Max Stone: Lame. This was like karaoke. He sang it like it was a song he'd heard before but wasn't 100% sure how to sing... not a song he's been rehearsing. It was also just sleepy and lame. This was really poorly sung besides the shouting.

Louisa Johnson: Thank GOD they didn't let her sing Lady Marmalade. Did I hear that right? She went to THEATRE SCHOOL? I don't think this was a great song for her. I mean it prevented her from annoying me but it didn't have a great melody for her to hook into.

Monica Michael: If she's doing the Kiesza version, I hope she knows her movie is that awful Lifetime Brittany Murphy biopic. This was fine. Not great. And really since she performed this before during one of the audition rounds, she should be better after all the rehearsal she's presumably had. Her voice didn't sound strong and she didn't nail the pitch. So far no one is showing me they're ready for the major leagues.

Reggie N Bollie: Well, now I know which one is Reggie and which one is Bollie. Bollie isn't the worst singer when he has time to breathe. I mean, he's not great but that opening wasn't awful. Reggie has a good hype man voice and great energy. If people could write them a few good songs they could have some hits. A Baha Men song doesn't suggest longevity but it does suggest the kind of one hit wonder they could have.

Anton Stephans: It wasn't horrible. It was just a very mediocre version of what can be an amazing song. I am so tired of people who are not Whitney singing this song. There I said it. The bright cobalt blue + black and white was also very hard to look at.

4th Impact: So they're going to be individuals with different costumes and name tags... not distinct personalities. Great idea! OK, so I can't tell them apart but some of them can't sing and this song I couldn't understand some of them at all. Someone had a very sloppy riff. Also, apparently they're all over 19 but they can't be children one week and super sexy the next. It's creepy. Also, one of them can faint 10 times. It doesn't make them more likable.

Lauren Murray: I don't think she was bad but this song didn't play to her strengths. Changing her song that morning, it was fantastic but they need to stop changing songs last minute.

Che Chesterman: FINALLY. Someone giving a professional performance. Tenors are still not my favorite but that's my only complaint.

My Rankings

1. Che Chesterman 2. Lauren Murray 3. 4th Impact 4. Reggie n Bollie 5. Louisa Johnson 6. Monica Michael 7. Mason Noise 8. Anton Stephans 9. Max Stone

Remember your courtesy spoiler tags! Another double elimination.

Max Stone

out first. Faith restored in the British voting public.

Monica and Anton

faced off in the sing off.

Monica

went home and Olly somehow flubbed the announcement.

Edited to add a link to a video where you can watch the final elimination this week. I didn't think Olly messed up that badly or that is was a fix. Honestly there's so much BS and doubletalk from the judges that I get lost as well.

Edited by aradia22

Mason Noise...really?  I think he's lucky the pop world doesn't have a massive dancing/singing male pop star right now, because he...needs some intensive training.  As it stands, there's a bit of a void he can fill, imho.  Not like the poor girls who have to perform in a moment dominated by the return of Adele.

I love Louisa.  She seems genetically engineered to do this, I'm on board.  Same with 4th Impact.

I totally am not getting most of the eliminations thus far, which is a shame because I'm liking most of the contestants. 

Not like the poor girls who have to perform in a moment dominated by the return of Adele.

So much of this. It's hard to listen to genuinely good and polished acts and come back to X Factor sometimes. Random but I recommend Alessia Cara's album. Just listened to it. Love it.