Type keyword(s) to search

2K15 Live Show 2

This was not a good week for anyone except maybe Lauren.

4th Impact: Woah, that was a rough start. They look good. I just don't enjoy listening to them at all. And I think this was their worst performance so far. And the backing track was super loud.

Mason Noise: Not a great vocal. Maybe he needs a hat. I don't know. If he ever had mojo, he lost it. The dancing helped a little but he still came across as lame and creepy more than anything else.

Anton Stephans: So... this was a thing. They made Anton into one of the joke-act overs. I feel like Overs tend to either be the young people who are just over the age limit for Boys/Girls, the joke acts like Wagner, or the ballad singers like Tesco Mary and Samantha. This was creepy in a different way than Mason. I feel like he tried so hard to suppress his expressions that he seemed like a robot. It sounded OK until "Yeah my momma she told me don't worry about your size." There are kernels of good singing in a bag of hot mess. Simon seems to have checked out/to be having a mental breakdown and I'm kind of excited to see what he's going to make his contestants do next. Now I'm a little sad Bupsi is gone.

Kiera Weathers: Why are they determined to hide her beautiful hair every week? Pulling it back makes her look harsh. Strong start. Not totally there vocally. But stronger performance and more personality. I hope she gets the time to find her stage persona. This was kind of just Beyonce-lite but they're getting closer with her. I'm not sure why the judges are being so hard on her. Are they doing redemption arc or not?

Che Chesterman: Sounded pretty but he's got dead eyes. But for a singing contest, he's acing it.

Louisa Johnson: I'm not sure how this was more modern. Also, she needs to stop trying to sound like she's a fifty-year-old black woman. It's just getting more awkward. More than that, I just didn't think it sounded that good. She has to be in the right key. It might be good just too high and her voice is irritating. Also, way over-sung.

Sean Miley Moore: I actually saw a jukebox musical with this song not long ago. It's hard to say which staging was more ridiculous. This was definitely more theatrical. But it was a lot more straight-tone than typical (good) musical theatre. This didn't work for some reason. Instead of feeling big and epic it felt like a small drag nightclub act with too much stage to fill. I think he needs to finalize his song choice earlier and try harder.

Monica Michael: Something was a little too "much" about it. I don't know who it reminded me of. Bette Midler? It wasn't a perfect vocal but (I know I keep saying this) she performs pretty well. She had Anton's crazy eyes at times though.

Max Stone: Who wants this? Seriously, who in the hell wants this? Not awful on the vocals. More mediocre. But so unwanted.

Reggie N Bollie: I still don't know which is which but blue hat needs to improve his singing.

Lauren Murray: She's like the version of Monica who can really sing but can't perform as well. She also riffs and does a bit of gospel like Louisa but I don't feel like she's borderline offensive. She still sounds like herself, not a weird mimicry. Step up a bit on the performance and I could see her sticking around.

My Rankings

1. Che Chesterman 2. Lauren Murray 3. Kiera Weathers 4. Monica Michael 5. Sean Miley Moore 6. Louisa Johnson 7. Max Stone 8. Reggie N Bollie 9. Anton Stephans 10. 4th Impact 11. Mason Noise

Liveblog highlights

All the dancers are sitting around Max in a circle. Maybe one of them is going to get up and attack him. Maybe he knows this. Maybe that’s why he looks so shifty.

Everyone’s telling Max that he’s cool. Everyone’s been huffing paint fumes during the adverts.

Reggie N Bollie are doing What Makes You Beautiful. In fact, I think they might be doing the definitive version of What Makes You Beautiful. I hope they replace Zayn. Both of them. I hope they both replace Zayn.

I’ve lost the ability to tell if this is any good or not. I think the verses are the best thing I’ve ever heard, but the chorus is too muted for my liking. Also, it sounds like something that’d get played at 90% of all the spin classes I’ve ever been to. Is that a good thing? I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m so tired.

That sounded like an X Factor winner’s single. I don’t mean that Lauren should win X Factor. I mean that I don’t really like how X Factor winner’s singles sound.

I just heard that if ITV replaces X Factor with The Voice, then X Factor will move to Sky. I think it might be time to downgrade to a Freeview box just to definitively rule myself out of the liveblog.

4th Impact : Rough start, indeed. And they look like a polished, professional act that wouldn't be out of place on a stage. I just don't care about them.

Mason Noise : ZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzZzZzzz. Wait, what, there was someone singing ? Seriously, though, he sometimes looks like a lost ten yo boy caught in headlights, his voice is pretty bland, I just don't see the appeal.

Anton Stephans : Why. Why oh why. Awful song choice. And yeah, Simon had checked out very early, yesterday, and was gulping down as much of whatever was in his drink as he could,probably to get through the night.

Kiera : the female Mason Noise, as far as i'm concerned. Bland, decent-but-not-too-great voice, instantly forgettable. At least, with song choices like this one.

Che : nice one. I enjoyed it.

Louisa Johnson : I like her, I like her voice, I like the song choice, I disliked the reorchestration & the way she sung it. Not a great outing.

Sean Miley Moore : still too drag club & cabaret for me, but still the most memorable out of all the contestants. Grimshaw seemed enthralled.

Monica : didn't work for me.

Max Stone : I liked this performance. However, it's still in his (very limited) ballpark, and as soon as he'll be asked to step out of his comfort zone, it will be a problem for him.

Reggie & Bollie : Just fun and energetic. Not the best act, not the most talented guys, but fun.

Lauren : didn't work fo me either. Needs a lot of work.

I'd have Kiera & Mason as the bottom two, this week, with Anton hovering near.

• Love 1

Sing Off:

Mason Noise vs. Seann Miley Moore.

On the one hand, YAY! On the other hand, BOO! Admittedly it was a bad song choice/staging choice last night for the latter.

OK! Time to get rid of Mason Noise! Simon Cowell is dilly-dallying like mad, but then he sends Mason Noise home because ultimately he is a sensible man with functioning ears.

Cheryl also dilly-dallies. She says that it’s the hardest sing-off she’s ever had to judge, but then she sends Mason home because he’s awful and she has a brain.

Rita now. She sends Seann home just because it’ll make Nick Gramshaw pull a face like a little boy who just wet his knickers.

Nick goes to deadlock, because he is a scoundrel and a wimp. He backed out of judging them, even though he is literally a judge and that’s his job. Nick is a scoundrel.

OH. The public voted Seann Miley Moore out. The British Public, who are collectively the worst people in the entire history of the world, have expressed a preference for Mason Noise. I know his cousin, Youluc Keebastard.

Well, that was the worst. Two of the acts I liked and had faith in getting better/producing interesting performances in the future were just eliminated. 

• Love 1

Well... I had two of the bottom three right. Which isn't that great since the only one I really wanted gone stayed. I've already said that, but i'm more and more convinced he has dirt on Simon or one of the judges (Rita ?), I can't explain otherwise why that dead-eyed egotistical bum is still there.

• Love 2

Maison is a douche, and he shouldn't have been allowed to come back. I've stopped watching because they got a lot of it wrong. Seann went home and douche lord is still there? He's not half as talented as he thinks he is. He isn't interesting, and his attitude is garbage.

Monica still isn't likeable to me. Idk what it is about her, but I'm not a fan.

Overall, I was bored and figured there's no need to waste DVR space. It's not like last year when I was excited to hear Stereo Kicks harmonising and experimenting or waiting to see Fleur shine bright. I loved Ben's voice, so I was happy that he won. This year? Just our luck, Maison will win over the remaining people who have talent.