Type keyword(s) to search

The Last Witch Hunter (2015)

Rick Kitchen
  • Start Topic

Better than I expected it to be. Really great world building. And I fell in love with Rose Leslie (I've never gotten a chance to see Game of Thrones). And if it does well enough, there will probably be a sequel.

I agree. The graphics/special effects were awesome as well. I knew they couldn't kill Michael Cain!

• Love 1

The hubby and I went to see this yesterday. We'd heard that it had gotten negative reviews but seeing as how it was still in theaters despite the reviews at this point, we figured we'd give it a try anyway. It was as enjoyable as any movie like this typically is.

I think the priest and the rest went to kill the Witch Queen. As the priest was sticking the WQ's heart and Caulder screamed, he realized there was some connection. I mean Caulder should've been dead but he wasn't and he's reacting so strongly to the heart being pierced. After Caulder healed, the priest realized what the world had. So he and the other created the organization to kill witches with Caulder. Personally, I think they should've trained other witch hunters. I mean he can't be everywhere. So 800 years past and they've kept this secret. I can't say I blame them. Though they should've given Caulder the choice. So I don't think they set Caulder up. Though it does kind of make sense if they did since he was the only one with that special sword and seemed different than the rest. Or maybe he wasn't different and he just got sword when they were passing out weapons.

I think why they kept it a secret should've been clear. Maybe they're saving it for the sequel. It also wasn't clear why the witch, whose name I can't remember, helped Caulder when he went to her place. I figured she just agreed to get rid of him. I'm glad they didn't go the romantic route with those to. Why they didn't kill the witches instead burying them doesn't make sense. Unless one of the members of the council was a witch and convinced everyone else to keep them alive because he/she knew one day they would be needed. That should've been clear.

How is Caulder going to survive without the Ax and Cross? Aren't they responsible for his lifestyle? At the very least, keeping him under the radar so he can be a nearly 900 year old man running around the modern world?

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a sequel. We'd go and see it I'm sure.

If I remember correctly the Witches' Council were the ones conducting the trials and imprisoning evil witches, with the Ax and Cross acting as prosecutors. I assume they reached some kind of détente with the witches wherein they policed themselves rather than have Caulder and the full resources of the Catholic Church hunting them ALL down.

On November 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM, nicepebbles said:

How is Caulder going to survive without the Ax and Cross? Aren't they responsible for his lifestyle? At the very least, keeping him under the radar so he can be a nearly 900 year old man running around the modern world?

He's lived hundreds of years, so I'm sure he's got some investments of his own.  As for the other things Axe & Cross do for him, I'm sure his vast, ancient fortune can be useful in hooking himself up.