Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Wars To Come: Speculation Thread

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

Cersei and Jaime adjust to a world without Tywin. Varys reveals a conspiracy to Tyrion. Dany faces a new threat to her rule. Jon is caught between two kings.

Here is the place to speculate about what events may or may not occur in episode 1 only.
There will be weekly episode spec threads for individual episodes from now on so please either save your thoughts about other episodes for the relevant week or post them in another appropriate thread.
Readers are welcome to post in here also but no Book Talk please; save that for the Book Talk version of this thread.

Thank you.

Did I forget something from the end of S4?

What happened to Tywin?

You must've.

Tyrion killed him by shooting him on the toilet or the privvy if you prefer the medieval terms.

"You shot me. You are no son of mine"

"I am your son. I have always been your son"

Ringing any bells?

I wonder if they'll touch on Cersei's engagement to Loras.

As I recall

1. Cersei - Against it

2. Olenna - Against it

3. Loras - Never expressly stated he was against it, but we have no reason to believe he was for it, even if he were straight.  If he knew enough in Season 1 to characterize Joffrey as a "monster", he knows what a wonderful human being Cersei is.

4. Jaime - Against it

5. Mace - Will do whatever Olenna tells him to do.

6. Tywin - For it, but dead (and, unfortunately for Twyin, King's Landing seems to be in short supply of Lord of Light worshiping, alcoholic priests who can raise the dead)

Since everyone who was for it is dead, and everyone who was against it is alive, it seems likely that the engagement is off.

• Love 3