Type keyword(s) to search

New Korrasami art by Bryke

(edited)

Posted on Bryan Konietzko's Tumblr:

Turtle-duck Date Night

This is my piece for the upcoming The Legend of Korra / Avatar: The Last Airbender Tribute Exhibition at Gallery Nucleus, opening this Saturday, March 7th, 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Mike and I will be there doing a signing for the first half of the reception (there are a limited number of spots in the signing line, but I’m not sure how they are working that), and hanging out for the rest. I think there will be a raffle, and plenty of cool stuff to purchase. A bunch of the crew members from the production will be there too (hopefully including some ATLA folks), so it is going to be a fun family reunion for us. I can’t wait to see all of the incredible artwork.

As for this piece, I used and modified Emily Tetri's production painting of Harmony Tower (designed by Lee Jung-Su). Otherwise, I drew and painted the rest of it. I based the turtle-duck boats on the charming swan boats I saw while visiting Ueno Park in Tokyo. Gallery Nucleus will be selling the above artwork as an exclusive print, in a limited edition of 100, to be released on opening night (and I’m pretty sure I’ll be signing them). I will be donating 100% of my share of the proceeds to an LGBTQ suicide prevention hotline.

I hope to see you Saturday! Get there early, as the lines for these Gallery Nucleus openings wrap all the way around a city block. If you can’t make it to the opening, the show will be hanging for two weeks. There is an event being planned for the closing as well. More on that later.

tumblr_nkpnavx7T61rptk5lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nkpnavx7T61rptk5lo2_500.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3