Type keyword(s) to search

Degrassi Minis

I thought we should have a topic for the minis, since the latest one, Champagne Supernova, is ten episodes and is a whodunit type thing. But this could also be for all the minis, in case there isn't much chatter about this one. I believe you can find every Degrassi mini here.

Champagne Supernova:

(Premieres February 3rd, 9pm Eastern)

In the 'Degrassi' webisode series, 'Champagne Supernova,' Zig and Miles wake-up hungover and confused when they discover they've been handcuffed together. Since neither of them can remember the events that took place the night before, they begin the process of finding the key and piecing together the previous night's events by following clues leading them to potential suspects.

This 8 week 10 webisode series will follow Zig and Miles as they hunt for clues on their mission to find out which 'Degrassi' character has the key to set them free.

These webisodes are going to be released weekly on Tuesday night on MTV.ca for Canadians and on Wednesday for non-Canadians on Degrassi's Youtube page. Champagne Supernova will take us to March 24th, and 14B starts up on April 7th, so this is good for getting through this long hiatus!

As for the story itself? I'm stoked. Somewhere along the line I decided I needed Zig and Miles to become BFFs so this is pretty much everything to me, lol. These two would need to be stuck together like this in order to actually deal with each other. And I think the whodunit element is really fun... MTV.ca's going to put up polls for viewers to vote on who Miles and Zig will question next, and who we think has the key. I'm not sure where the polls will be... maybe on their recap blog?

Without having seen anything but the graphic showing who's in these minis (see it here), I'm most suspicious of Maya and Grace. Maya's the obvious, boring choice, so I hope it isn't her. I could absolutely see Grace doing it in a, "oh, kiss and make up," kind of way... she's probably heard Zig complain about Miles way too much for her liking. If Tristan and Miles are broken up in this mini, then I could see Tristan doing it as a screw you kind of thing. And for some reason, I've got my eye on Lola... she could have done it as a joke and not realized the cuffs actually locked. I don't really see why any of the other suspects would do it but then again, it depends on what's going on in the mini.

Edited by omgsowicked

I love mini's, especially the older ones. Some of them have fallen flat lately, like the one about Maya's dress isn't even memorable, but this one looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see it.

I love the one where they copy The View with Liberty, Emma, Manny, Darcy and brought Paige on as a guest. That one was pretty funny.

Champagne Supernova Parts 1&2:

Wow, those minis were mini indeed! LOL. Only the first and last week are going to be double episodes, so this is gonna be tough, only a minute and fifteen seconds each week. :P Nah, I'll take it, it's much better than nothing.

I'm both happy and slightly surprised by how well Miles and Zig are getting along so far, haha. They made a few sarcastic comments (nice subtle reference to their greenhouse fight in S13) but I expected way more snark. Guess the hangover is dulling most of their animosity... maybe it'll creep back in more and more as the episodes continue.

I think they're going to visit Lola next, since that dog had the same dye colors on it as her hair. As for who has the key, Grace is still my prime suspect but since Miles and Zig (eventually, I presume) got their own title cards, I guess they're included in the suspects list, too. Maybe one of them has the key and won't find out until after they've questioned everyone. I could see Grace handcuffing them and putting the key in Zig's pocket, since she probably knows he'd freak out (like he did when Miles went to check his back pocket).