Type keyword(s) to search

The Fosters Book Series

So the first book in a possible companion series was released a few days ago. It's called The Fosters: Keep Your Frenemies Close and it's by Stacy Kravetz who apparently has only write non-fiction prior to this. Has anyone read the book? I'm trying to decide if it's worth paying $7.99 for.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Fosters-Keep-Your-Frenemies-Close-ebook/dp/B00NYGF4K8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422631753&sr=8-3&keywords=The+Fosters

(edited)

TL;DR: Don't waste your money/time on this.

Well, thanks to a comment from someone on the IMDb boards, I used an iTunes gift card to buy the book from iTunes. I'm about 50-odd pages into it and it's going to be a chore to finish. It's badly written fan fiction by someone who probably isn't a real fan. It's from Callie's first person perspective (though it randomly switched to Stef and Lena's 3rd person perspective for a paragraph) and it's just not engaging at all. The way Callie is written, she has 0 personality.

The basic plot line is that Callie needs to do extra credit in order to pass History. Lena basically forces her to go on this community service weekend to a forest 3 hours away to plant trees and move rocks and stuff like that. Also, Talya and boys and annoying students from a presumably private school called Anchor Prep who are all there to make their college applications look good.

One, the book has Lena signing the permission slip which she is not allowed to do since the state is Callie's legal guardian. Her caseworker would have to sign it. Two, Callie, as a foster kid, cannot cross county lines without permission from her caseworker or possibly even a judge. Three, Callie is on parole, so I'm pretty sure she's not allowed to leave the county because of that, too. 

There's some mild Brallie, and probably more later, because Callie made Brandon promise to drive three hours Saturday night to meet her so she has something to look forward to. I haven't reached that part in the book yet, so I don't know how it works out.

Edited by DeepPoet117
  • Love 1