Type keyword(s) to search

The Books: aka Tess Gerritsen's Take on Jane and Maura

A topic for discussion of the R&I books, written by Tess Gerritsen.
I just finished the newest book, "Die Again" and was pleasantly surprised that I did not guess the ending in the first 5 minutes (as sometimes happens in the series). Plus, R&I interact a lot more than they have done in some of the books. Will write more about it later.

I really like the books. Although I seem to enjoy the Maura based ones more than the Jane based ones. The TV series is very different but I guess that can't be helped. I think most would lose their collective shit about Maura's affair being put on TV. lol  It works in the books.

I read "The Silent Girl" while on vacation this past December.  Then I decided to begin the series with "The Surgeon," which I did not like because I figured out what the killer did for a living, after I'd read about 100 pages.  "The Apprentice" was much better because I didn't get who the killer was.  "Body Double" was okay, but I thought the ending was silly.  My problem with her books is that there's so much buildup and the climax tends to fall flat.  But I'll keep reading.