Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Cromwell: The Real Man For All Seasons?

I get it, he was a human being too.

Now, go to Ireland and tour the west and count how many churches were "destroyed by Cromwell" and thank the gods that we don't have a government sanctioned religion, at least not yet.

Bias aside, it was a really interesting look at him and a reminder that we are not one sided creatures.

Also a reminder how fragile life was before vaccines and antibiotics, and how those traumatic events can change history.

We truly live in a lucky/blessed (your choice) age.

kaygeeret:

Now, go to Ireland and tour the west and count how many churches were "destroyed by Cromwell" and thank the gods that we don't have a government sanctioned religion, at least not yet.

That was a different Cromwell, Oliver Cromwell, who was a descendent of Thomas Cromwell's sister (her son, Richard, took his uncle's last name after his father died).  Oliver Cromwell was Lord Protector of England after Charles I was deposed and executed (over 100 years after Thomas Cromwell's time).

I loved the books, so am looking forward to and kind of dreading the series.  I think 6 hours isn't long enough to cover both books, but we'll see.

• Love 4