Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Refugees

"With Freamon and Greggs moved to Homicide, Herc and Dozerman join Marimow in the stripped-down Major Crimes Unit. Cutty gets a 'custodial' job at Tilghman School mopping up truants, but can't make headway in his efforts to mentor Michael.:

I'm starting to like Carcetti.  He has changed a lot from the last season.  I guess that was the point.  

It's nice having Kima and Lester together at Homicide.  They have an easy chemistry.  Landsman is a pretty solid character as well.  

All this political s*** rolling downhill - it's depressing.  That poor old guy who was close to his 40 years and bump in pension.

Which one is Michael?  I can't keep all the kids straight.  Some of the ones who are driving are freaking me out.  They look so young!

The school scenes are really, really interesting, although I'm not sure exactly why.

Randy, Namond, Michael and Duquan (Dookie) --  Randy is the happy-go-lucky entrepreneur, Namond is the one with all the hair and attitude, Michael is the serious one (the one you'd want at your back in a fight), and Dookie is the shy one with the big smile. 

• Love 1

I'm rewatching season 4 now & psyched that there are threads! I'd add to the "kids"...the one who keeps driving (stolen) SUVs is Donut. He's supposed to be in 6th grade.

Also: my favorite line in this episode goes to Jay: "Marimow does not cast off talent lightly.  He heaves it from him with great force."  (I feel like the actor who plays Marimow has been showing up in everything I watch lately--House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire, and now my rewatch of The Wire...)

Edited by Misstify
  • Love 1