Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: 192 Sq. Ft. Launch Pad

Brian is a thrill seeking bachelor in Trenton, GA. A hang gliding enthusiast, Brian spends most of his time in the sky. He wants a tiny house on the ground so he can continue to pursue his passions. Brian has started the build on his own, but enlists the help of John and Zack to take the design to the next level.

This guy (or the show's "drama", probably both) was insufferable. I can't believe the host gave him a converted bus to try out tiny living for a day, and he stuffs it full of people and parties. Or that he lowered the ceiling in his main living space so he would have room for *wink wink, nudge nudge* more recreational activities in the bedroom. To say nothing of, "I have to keep my enormous hang-glider indoors!" 

He just stank of a rich kid who has 'adventure' on the brain and money from his family business to do it with. And the host kept reiterating "I love your optimistic smile!" and remarking about how smooth he was. I was like, "the actual words you're looking for are 'smarmy' and 'delusional'."

Who even says "bachelor pad" anymore? Ugh.

Edited by AltLivia
  • Love 3

What got me is when they asked if he had to get permits to put his house on the land, and he just said "my friend says it's OK," or something, very casual.
That spot seemed too small to be a tract for a home; looked more like a pullover.
I'd also hate to be up there in high winds, or heavy rains where that house might start slipping.

• Love 1
Or that he lowered the ceiling in his main living space so he would have room for *wink wink, nudge nudge* more recreational activities in the bedroom.

At least they acknowledged that he'd be having sex in the tiny house. In previous episodes, that facet of human life has seemed to get short shrift, especially with married couples with children. The most egregious example (in my opinion) was the newly married blended family, where the teenage son and daughter would be sharing a loft and the parents would be sleep in the living room Murphy bed. Because nothing is more awkward for a teenager than hearing their parents have sex.

• Love 1