Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E08: Prison Diaries

photo fox
  • Start Topic

Man, I had some real problems with watching this episode. There was just something really "dirty" about it. 

To begin with, my sympathies just don't sit with Beresford-Redman since I don't believe he's as innocent as he claims.  So it wasn't a surprise that I was appalled that CBS provided him with a camera to film his own docudrama.  It might be the only way that CBS could get the inside story that they wanted on their former Producer, but it doesn't seem smart to elevate his status to that of a beleaguered, wrongfully accused quite yet.  Is CBS totally standing behind him? 

Granted, not one of us would want to visit there, nevermind be interred.  But, as far as prisoners are concerned, BBR seems to have pretty free roam of the facilities, and a lot of privilege in openly filming his story there.  And then there was that bit of showing how God-awful the "food" was that they were being served, and the next few minutes he's shown preparing seafood brought to him by his prison buddy's family.  All in all, BBR is fairly lucky they've adopted him for his stay, and he's making the best of his situation with their help.  If necessary, BBR can fall back on a few of the Survivor tactics that their contestants utilized and for which, by the way, he was paid pretty handsomely to script.

It just doesn't feel right for CBS to encourage and facilitate BBR, just for the purpose of updating his story because he's being held In Mexico.  Wasn't it stipulated that he spent 18 months or so in the hospitality of the U.S. prison system?  I didn't hear a huge clamber from CBS then.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 4

I had mixed emotions on this one.  During the first part, I thought, "Woe is me.  I guess you shouldn't have murdered your wife."  But then some of the developments that came out during his "trial" (wth, Mexico?) made me wonder if the police didn't rush to judgement.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're screwing around on your wife, you better hope she doesn't get murdered because you're in for a world of hurt.

• Love 5