Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E24: Heather Anne Campbell

• Start Topic

Intros: Wayne-- Double 07, Heather Anne-- Double Impact, Colin-- Double Jeopardy, and Ryan-- Double Whiskey.

Games: Scenes From a Hat, Whose Line?, Forward/Rewind, Newsflash, and Greatest Hits.

Ryan's "I might've been the bug guy from Men in Black" was funny! Then again, the Forward/Rewind was good. Is it me, or do all of Colin's F/R characters end up smoking if left to rewind back to before the scene "started"?  

Newsflash is a game that is starting to edge into Helping Hands territory-- a game that is getting gross just to be gross. It doesn't have to be gross, but it doesn't have to be baby lambs and puppies either. There's a middle area that could prove hard to guess, even with some of the "help".  The footage should be challenging for the players to hint at and for the "field reporter" to guess, not the audience to watch, is what I'm saying.

It may not have been "Kelp", but "Evicted" is one of my favorite Whose Line songs! I wonder what Wayne's workout consists of, because he's looking good and can move quite well.  I also love Colin and his movie/TV show set-ups!

A fine episode.

• Love 1

Newsflash is a game that is starting to edge into Helping Hands territory-- a game that is getting gross just to be gross. It doesn't have to be gross, but it doesn't have to be baby lambs and puppies either. There's a middle area that could prove hard to guess, even with some of the "help".  The footage should be challenging for the players to hint at and for the "field reporter" to guess, not the audience to watch, is what I'm saying.

One problem with it is that they have fallen into the pattern of not giving any real hints for a long time and then giving a real giveaway like "Don't try to worm your way out of this Colin." near the end. Admittedly, there wasn't a lot of substance in those clips for them to work with. But it would be nice if we could see more puzzling out a solution than just "Wait for Ryan to give me the codeword."

I would have liked to see Heather Anne get more to do, but that's a frequent problem with the person in the guest slot.

• Love 2

At least we didn't get a Special Guest Star. It's become so refreshing when it's just the four improvisers.

When Aisha announced Newsflash, I said to myself, "Please don't be gross." Oh well. It was worth a try.

In SFAH, when Colin mimed the selfie with his wife's hoo-ha, I thought that was hilarious and best, but then Ryan did the … What would you call it? Obviously the thing you do with a wine glass to make a cool sound. So funny that he was hesitating before finally doing it.

It was nice to have the game Whose Line back. Also, I love Forward Rewind. 

Wayne is always impressive in Greatest Hits, but I thought belly dancing and Adele were strange choices.

• Love 2

but then Ryan did the … What would you call it?

That felt like a callback to when Jeff Davis was on, and the SFAH involved something like Unlikely Things Your Urologist Would Do. Jeff and the guys proceeded to do variations after whoever started it did so.