Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The North Remembers

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

As Robb Stark and his northern army continue the war against the Lannisters, Tyrion arrives in King’s Landing to counsel Joffrey and temper the young king’s excesses.  On the island of Dragonstone, Stannis Baratheon plots an invasion to claim his late brother’s throne, allying himself with the fiery Melisandre, a strange priestess of a stranger god.  Across the sea, Daenerys, her three young dragons, and the khalasar trek through the Red Waste in search of allies, or water.  In the North, Bran presides over a threadbare Winterfell, while beyond the Wall, Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch must shelter with a devious wildling.

Reminder: This is for discussion of the TV show only, no book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any spoiler from outside the books (i.e. previews) should be in spoiler tags.

Ugh ... honestly, I don't know why I continue on with this show ... the thing with the babies I actually had to mute and look away ... ouch. 

I don't know how this show keeps making me want to tune in to the next episode. 

Is it a bad thing for me to just love Tyrion?  In this episode, I actually thought, OMG, this guy is really cute.  ::giggle::

Best line was Tyrion to Cersie:  You love your children. It’s your one redeeming quality. That and your cheekbones.

Best scene was Cersei and Lord Baelish:  Knowledge is power ... no, Cersei proves Power is Power ... dang.

And the very last scene, Arya sighting ... THAT is how they make me watch the next episode.

• Love 1

This episode had some great effects

• Comet in the sky that we see in different scenes:  Dragonstone, the Red Waste, Winterfell (I don't recall if it's seen North of the Wall).  And props to Osha for knowing that comet = dragons.

• Bonfire of the Gods on the beach at night, and, of course

• Baby dragons

Jaime was such an ass (shocker, I know).  I greatly enjoyed the look of fear on his face as Robb's direwolf approached.

Loved Stannis's editorial comments when drafting the letter about Joffrey, Myrcella & Tommen

Clerk: And I declare on the honour of my House that my beloved brother Robert left-

Stannis: He wasn't my beloved brother. I didn't love him. He didn't love me.

Davos: A harmless courtesy, Your Grace.

Stannis: A lie. Take it out.

Clerk: That my brother Robert left no trueborn heirs, the boy Joffrey, the boy Tommen and the girl Myrcella being born of incest between Cersei Lannister and her brother Jaime Lannnister. By right of birth-

Stannis: Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. Call him what he is.

Clerk: And her brother Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. By right of birth and blood, I do this day lay claim-

Stannis: Make it Ser Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer. Whatever else he is, the man's still a knight.

Clerk: Ser Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer. By right of birth and blood, I do this day lay claim to the Iron Throne of Westeros. Let all true men declare their loyalty

Stannis: (nods)

Precision is important.

Cersei & Littlefinger were both stupid in their confrontation with each other.

• Love 5