Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Rock and a Hard Place

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Just to get my feet wet: I have not been able to understand how TPTB this season have been able to mix an attempt at complex procedural mystery one week in with the Encyclopedia Brown-level mysteries like this, where subplots don't so much combine or collide as uncomfortably co-exist. The only reason this episode seemed to exist may well have been to give Brian Dietzen something to do this season. (For the record, his performance was affecting, but usually the human moments on this show have some generally generic tie to the plot.)

The less said about the main plot, the better. It seemed to be lifted from a movie one of the writers was watching on TCM. Think "Larceny, Inc.", at least in part.

I will say, though, the comic parts of that Mr. Palmer's Adoption subplot were pretty funny at times: how many highly-educated NCISers does it take to install a child safety seat?

Edited by cvbear
  • Love 1