Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Devil's Playground

• Start Topic

With eyes back on their business, Tariq and Brayden must find a way to get back in Noma's good graces; Diana is faced with a dilemma: stepping further into the game than she's ever gone before, or risk her family's safety.

Air date: September 6, 2024

What was Diana's fascination with the snow globe?

Just a handsome motherfcuker with a Glock. That's our Cane!

Gotta give Carter points for having the balls to raid Monet in broad daylight, at home. And then pointing at gun at pregnant Diana.

Wait until Noma's wild daughter Anya finds out who Tariq is and why he's pursuing her.

Lol, Carter's partner Felicia wanted Diana to do hit on Monet's connect. As if.

Effie stays being out of pocket. Why is she even still around?

Dru is amazingly strong to have suffocated that guy in the hospital bed with his bare hands.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dang, Effie. She was lucky she made it out of that shoot out alive.

TMW Ofcr. Tate realized Carter's task force was dirty.

Of course Tariq used Brayden as bait against Zion. Zion definitely didn't make it easy to kill him, but all his muscles were useless against bullets.

Diana thinks Tariq killed Zion as a favor to her but he did it for Noma. Tariq got double credit for one murder.

Well, Diana has probably lost the baby. And when Tariq finds out who caused it, cokehead fed Felicia is done.

TMW Ofcr. Tate realized Carter was dirty too. His faith in Carter's integrity was his ultimate undoing.

• Like 1
(edited)

This episode was more entertaining that the entirety of the first half of the season. It was entertaining enough for me to bother learning people's names.

On 9/7/2024 at 6:23 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

What was Diana's fascination with the snow globe?

I wish I knew. I felt like there some sort of symbolism that I was missing.

Gotta give Carter points for having the balls to raid Monet in broad daylight, at home. And then pointing at gun at pregnant Diana.

That was ballsy.

What I thought didn't quite make a lot of sense, unless I was missing something, is that he was hounding Monet about "his cut"... and if I'm not mistaken he said he let Monet steal (Noma's?) drugs just the night before. It hasn't even been 24 hours, and he's already asking for his cut?

I'm also thinking that it may have been a show of force just to let Monet know that he has all the power in this "partnership."

Lol, Carter's partner Felicia wanted Diana to do hit on Monet's connect. As if.

She has to be desperate as fuck to ask Diana to do a hit.

TMW Ofcr. Tate realized Carter's task force was dirty.

TMW Ofcr. Tate realized Carter was dirty too. His faith in Carter's integrity was his ultimate undoing.

Carter should have known this Tate was a square when they met.

I wonder if Carter knows that Rashad Tate is dirty, so he figures Detective Brother Tate (forgot his name) is. If that's not it, I struggle to think why would Carter even have Tate so close, and not have his team (at least) like they weren't dirty.

I didn't think they would kill Det. Tate off so soon. I kind of doubted that he was actually dead, but the trailer for the next episode convinces me that he is.

Of course Tariq used Brayden as bait against Zion. Zion definitely didn't make it easy to kill him, but all his muscles were useless against bullets.

Zion put up a hell of a fight though.

Diana thinks Tariq killed Zion as a favor to her but he did it for Noma. Tariq got double credit for one murder.

I think as long as the job got done, the details shouldn't matter. Tariq, just like his daddy, capitalizes in multiple ways off of one opportunity.

I feel the same way about the cop that asked Diana to do the hit as well. Why does she care that Diana outsourced the job? I didn't quite understand that. As long as the job got done, why is she so mad?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I wish I knew. I felt like there some sort of symbolism that I was missing.

Maybe the snowglobe is a Chekhov's Gun and Diana will kill someone with it?

I just hope 50 won't go with a St. Elsewhere-type ending to the series where it'll turn out the whole story of the Tejadas took place inside the snowglobe.