Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Site throws me to the top of the page

• Start Topic

I have the same problem but only on my I-Pad. On my laptop, the site works fine. There is also another difference: on my laptop, I am using an ad-blocker but not on my I-pad.  Do you think that can be the difference?

• Like 1

There is a rather large "throw me up to the top of the page" arrow that might be getting clicked when the person is trying to close the side advertisements. It might be more or less tricky to avoid based on your window size/shape/magnification and font size.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, CM-BlueButterfly said:

13 hours ago, CM-BlueButterfly said:

Also, I love this website but why is it so glitchy? It routinely throws me up to the top of the page…

(I use Firefox to access the Internet on my iPhone 15. Although my problem has been occurring since I began reading this website, I am currently running the iOS 17.5.1 and pop-up ads are blocked)

As I scroll down further and further through The View or other forums on PRIMETIMER, my iPhone display will freeze for a moment. Then my display goes back to the top of the page I am reading. 

When I start quickly scrolling back down to where I was reading, I again get “thrown up to the top of the page.”

I sometimes notice that the page I am reading is still loading (and taking forever) which seems to perhaps coincide with multiple ads in little boxes playing videos (that I do not want to see.) These little video ads change topics/products/recipes or whatever they are and these changes in ads disturbs the loading of webpage, I think. 

Even on this fully loaded page, as I am writing this Reply, I have thrice been tossed out of this Reply box and returned to the previous page. When I click in the Reply box, my unfinished Reply is (thankfully) available to for me to continue writing and editing. 

This “throwing me up to  the top of the page” problem often occurs at another large website with multiple forums and video ads in small boxes, UExpress, but does not occur at Reddit which had multiple forums but no video ads. I’m thinking maybe the problem is Foxfire or maybe my Internet is taking too long to load a page or maybe the video ads reloading is reloading the entire webpage. I just don’t know. This “throwing me up to  the top of the page” is frustrating, and I am relieved that it is being given some attention. Thank you for showing an interest. 

• Like 2

There is/was some conflict with the jump-to-top button and the bottom corner video ad. I've adjusted it to always display ABOVE the ad now. It may have just been inadvertent finger stuff in the corner with the jump button buried beneath the ad.

Also if you are on a phone AND have some crappy throughput (this happens to me in the grocery store even if I flip to the store internet) I would not be surprised that the browser jumps to a certain location after the page fully loads (for any variety of reasons)

Provided my change is not reverted by the advertiser ghosts we can let this ride and see what happens.