Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Ecotone

• Start Topic

Kudos to everyone who predicted that Rhonda would be next to go.  Mike's visit to her shop last week sealed her fate, ha ha.

Iris was right.  If she just happened to take her lunch break when the raid came down, Konstantin would have known right away, and known what that phone call was.  She's better at this that Tatiana was, but that's not saying a lot.

I couldn't quite follow what was going on with Carney.  There are factions within the guards, some loyal to... someone other than The Warden?

In that final scene, was Merle ("Cal") threatening Mike, or just bluntly laying out how it works?  Maybe a little of each?

3 hours ago, Orbert said:

I couldn't quite follow what was going on with Carney.  There are factions within the guards, some loyal to... someone other than The Warden?

To me, those guards were AB-loyal. I mean, the actor playing the guard who helped Carney remove Cal from the library looked like a Wikipedia article photo for "neo-Nazi".

I still can't fathom how much Mike bosses around KPD - I suspect this is not how Mitch ran things.

Loved the scene with Mike and Evelyn. Those two have chemistry and serious potential.

Ian calling Konstantin a fuckface was the line of the episode for me - that's an insult I favour.

• Like 1

I kinda figured that (the guards were AB-loyal), but there's so much stuff going on that I wasn't sure.  When Carney was taking his beatdown, they kept yelling "Who do you work for?" trying to get him to admit who's really in charge, but Carney wouldn't give.

Yeah, Mike actually telling the KPD to do this, don't do that, like he's their actual boss is starting to feel off.  Maybe he ain't got time for formalities, but he's still asking for favors, not giving actual orders.

Mike and Evelyn are an interesting couple.  Probably one of the more healthy working relationships on this show, although obviously that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Ian wanted to make sure Konstantin knew who had the power, at least in that room.  And Konstantin, to his credit, sat quietly and took it.

So Merle is in solitary, but somehow can still call Mike on a cell, and Konstantin is off the board, but only for 24 hours.  Will Mike be able to stop them from consorting?  Will Mike be able to stop Iris from being Iris?  Will Mike spend the next episode mostly driving around and saying "Fuck"?  Stay tuned.