Type keyword(s) to search

Trampoline Gymnastics

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is the first time I've watched this sport and I'm glad I tuned in. Because of the height these trampoline gymnasts are able to achieve, the elements performed bear more of a resemblance to platform diving moves than those done in vaulting or floor exercise. The Chinese gymnasts look as if they're in flight. It's exciting!

Edited by ProudMary
Corrected a typo.
  • Like 3

Angel Hernandez of Colombia seemed to have nailed an excellent, perhaps medal-winning, performance until that fall on the final element. Heartbreaking.

Congratulations to Ivan Litvinovich for his second consecutive gold medal. 

I really wanted to catch this, but my body wouldn't allow me to wake up in time after the past week. Definitely need to catch the replay!

The Team GB gymnast who won women's gold seemed totally in shock about her win, so I really want to know all about it.

6 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

There is something so…..backyard?……about the spotters trying to catch the off tramp athletes with a cushion. 

I get what you're saying, but regardless of how it was done, I'm glad the spotters were there to throw those cushions. Considering that these are the world's top athletes in this sport, A LOT of them ended up on those cushions!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

There is something so…..backyard?……about the spotters trying to catch the off tramp athletes with a cushion. 

To me this is not an Olympic sport, it's a hobby. But I feel the same about Rhythmic Gymnastics, Synchronized Swimming, Break Dancing, and even Kite Surfing.