Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Something that I really enjoyed was the picture that appeared as a header for certain TV Series. Although I sure that the site is still capable of this, I am not sure that this practice will continue in the future. I was wondering if the people who suggest new TV Shows to be added could also suggest a picture header for that TV Show. If so, could you give us some information about the a photo, the size, dimensions, formats that might be acceptable for submission.

Edited by AnimeMania

Could we try this image for the Presumed Innocent thread.

PI-Showcover.thumb.jpg.dc393fd871963352956b1d2627893b1e.jpg

What should we call the image to let you know to make it the TV Series Header Picture.

Is there a target size/resolution we should aim for?

(edited)
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Is there a target size/resolution we should aim for?

I am not in charge of anything these days, except my own 💩, but just sharing what I've gleaned:
The picture you selected is 900 px wide X 479 px high, but it needs to be in the proportion of 1049 px wide X 347 px high (see above).

I don't know about the absolute size, but if, for example, you first reduced it to 652 px X 347 px, you could then extend the sides by about 198 px each. 
Or find a more horizontal composition of a similar image.

And I sure don't know if we are going to be able to submit images for banners. 
There are lots of reasons why this may or may not happen (been there; done that in the 90s and 00s).

But nice picture!

Edited by shapeshifter

Guys, don't worry so much about the exact pixel whatevers. 

If its like 600x400 that's just too low of resolution. Tiny thing. Blah.

On the other hand, 4000x2000 is overkill.

Just be reasonable. Landscape views. Try and keep the size of the image down as well. Anything north of 600k is not exactly ideal. Yes, your browser will cache the image and all that but still...

For those in the know, these images are just set to cover, so expect so cropping when the proportions are way off.

Now that said...

This is tied up in a mod tool from the before-the-changes time. The only reason, more or less, nothing is happening with these images right now is that there are only <redacted> mods available. So its not a priority.

I can throw a few on if you have them (takes two seconds) but I'm also pinging lead mod on this now.

20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Could we try this image for the Presumed Innocent thread

Done.

How it works:

The image is set to "cover" which centers the image vert and horz, and then ALWAYS fills the space that is available. The space available is 220 pixels in height, and the width is covered automatically with what is available.

Very wide screen to phone views in descending order.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 213442.png

Screenshot 2024-06-12 213455.png

Screenshot 2024-06-12 213511.png

Screenshot 2024-06-12 213531.png

I could set the height a little bit higher but then you are really pushing the content down the page. This was a derpy little perk I threw in when building out <redacted>. There are ways to set the thing more rigidly - your profile pages - the full page - you have a "cover photo" you can apply that allows you to adjust the positioning of the image and that could be done here but its really a feature that can, and should, wait for the next version of the shows app.

• Useful 1