Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Reunion, Part 3

• Start Topic

On 6/10/2024 at 11:08 PM, surfgirl said:

Naw, they're pretend beefing in case Ariana doesn't come back.

Damnit!  You're right!!!  Rental friends, Rental band, Rental car, Rental girlfriend...  They got me!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 11:37 AM, Carolina Girl said:

How far we've come from the nasty comments he directed to Katie during PRIDE.

I don't think so. James got good PR advice after his disastrous last year's reunion (he was verbally abusive there, as well, a little more than a year ago), and I'm sure from Ally who he just met, and hid that he was abusive to her to the point she had to leave. She discussed it at the reunion and not before because I don't doubt she thought he wouldn't be like this with her. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:23 PM, Stiggs said:

I'm almost mad at the lost footage. There was some funny/entertaining stuff in there. I would have thoroughly enjoyed an entire episode about Ally doing her Swiftie cosplay, James supporting her, and everyone clapping with tilted heads cuz she's just so cute.  

My favorite quote of the entire season: Someone: It takes a village to raise a child. Katie: It takes a COVEN. 

One thing that really jumped out at me this season and during the reunion is that Sandoval cannot go more than 20 seconds without making a gross sex reference. This isn't exactly a church group, and I'm not a really a prude, but Sandoval weirdly sexualizes everything and it makes me just basically terrified of the dark nooks of his brain. He may not have any light nooks. 

So is Broke not getting paid? Is he really just doing this all for the follows? Does he really think that Scheana is his sugar mama? Is he THAT dumb that he thinks this is the path to riches? This is not Survivor. There will not be a season 50. Expand your skills. GET A JOB. 

Next season, we need more Graham/Hippie and the cats. Heh, Hippie and the Cats sounds like a tie-dye wearing children's group...

Broke is getting paid, but because he is a secondary cast member, it is minimal. It's like the (Real) Housewife HouseHusbands. Scheana only considers payment something in her range of payment.  

Edited by ZettaK
On 5/31/2024 at 7:01 AM, JenE4 said:

Obviously I don’t know the specifics of the assessments and mortgage contracts/balances, but $600,000 offer on an increase of $1.1M sounds right to me. They only had the house a few years, so chances are they didn’t pay down much if any of the principal. In a buyout like this, you only need to pay half of the current equity minus what you still owe on it. So the math is mathing to me. The home equity loan is likely a separate loan that he’s still paying. That doesn’t necessarily need to factor into the agreement between them, though presumably might be an issue with the bank if he no longer had the house to write the loan against. But that would be a separate refinance, I would presume, and may not even be the same bank that he and Ariana have the mortgage through. Anyway, I’m no expert—just experience of buying my ex-husband out of our house. All I had to do was refinance for half of the increase in value over the mortgage debt balance, not give him the entire value of the house.

ETA: wait, I just reread and saw that he wasn’t doing this with the refinance and was trying to just give her money but keep her name on the loan?!? That is strange! Sounds like interest rates skyrocketed so he was avoiding anything to change their current rate. But you’re right that why would she go for that? Then she also has that debt on her name, keeping her from qualifying for her own loans, etc.

The balk of the principal of a loan/mortgage is paid toward the end. Sandoval and Ariana paid almost nothing toward it in only 4 years, so they still owe almost all of the amount they borrowed. 

On 5/29/2024 at 6:32 PM, b2H said:

There is nothing that can convince me to start The Valley.  There are no redeemable characters on there.  Also given that,

Reveal spoiler

it's been revealed that Jax and Brittany have split up.

that show isn't going to survive for very long.  

Bravo just tried too hard with this one. Can’t reinvent the wheel. 

• Applause 1

Ariana doesn't owe the rest of the cast continuous employment. They are lucky most of them were on the show for 12 years/11 seasons since they are talentless, and would still be servers in LA, or back home otherwise. They even profited tremendously from Scandoval, that's why Scheana and Lala bought second homes. They should be careful though because they obviously overextended themselves, and they didn’t realize Scandoval is not going to last forever. 

As for Ariana, she received good PR advice for the reunion because before that a lot of viewers were not too happy with what they saw- she told the rest of the cast to isolate Sandoval, and she didn't film with them in the beginning. There was a lot of criticism on social media. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ariana doesn't owe the rest of the cast continuous employment. They are lucky most of them were on the show for 12 years/11 seasons, since they are talentless, and would still be servers in LA, or back home, otherwise. They even profited tremendously from Scandoval; that's why Scheana and Lala bought second homes. They should be careful, though, because they obviously overextended themselves, and they didn’t realize Scandoval is not going to last forever. 

As for Ariana, she received good PR advice for the reunion, because, before that, a lot of viewers were not too happy with what they saw- - she told the rest of the cast to isolate Sandoval, and she didn't film with them in the beginning. There was a lot of criticism on social media. 

It’s a sad commentary when Jax is the only one of these silly individuals who is wiser with money.

Why do they all live paycheck to paycheck? 

Why didn’t Sandoval and Ariana pay off more of their mortgage? 

Ariana, at least, spent wisely on her PR team. Worth every brass farthing. They must have coached her for hours.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s a sad commentary when Jax is the only one of these silly individuals who is wiser with money.

Ariana, at least, spent wisely on her PR team. Worth every brass farthing. They must have coached her for hours.

One can pay more than the monthly mortgage payment, or pay the whole amount if they can afford it at one point before the specified time (15 years, 30 years- most people get the 30 year mortgages), but they don't. I would say that in the case of Ariana and Sandoval (like with most people) it was what they could afford. You can be paying for a mortgage for 10 years for example, and still owe almost all of the principal because only a tiny amount goes toward the principal. You really pay interest to the mortgage company. Unfortunately, that's how mortgages work- those companies are out there to profit. So, Sandoval's offer to Ariana was very reasonable. 

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don't know if Jax was wiser because even after Brittany received $1 million from Jenny Craig (or $2 million according to him, but he is a known liar) when they didn't have any other employment, they were ready to move to Florida. The Valley saved them because they both love being celebrities, and they wouldn't want to leave Los Angeles.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I don't know if Jax was wiser because even after Brittany received $1 million from Jenny Craig (or $2 million according to him, but he is a known liar) when they didn't have any other employment, they were ready to move to Florida. The Valley saved them because they both love being celebrities, and they wouldn't want to leave Los Angeles.

I think it was wise to agree to a deal with Rocco’s Tavern that required no investment from Jax or Brittany.

• Like 1

I hate that any of these lazy ass chucklefucks makes money off these shows. I want them all to have to put in a hard day's work, 5 days a week and have to living within their actual means.

• Like 3
(edited)

Even Lisa Vanderpump profited from Scandoval. She is co hosting with Gordon Ramsay his Food Stars tv show this season. Their restaurants are almost across each other on the Las Vegas Strip (I was in LV about a month ago), and she is in Vegas for some time, they are both British, but Gordon Ramsay thought of her only now. She also has a new show herself, Vanderpump Villa.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1