Type keyword(s) to search

Cult Massacre: One Day in Jonestown

• Start Topic

National Geographic and Hulu announced today the premiere of the third installment of the Emmy(R) Award-winning, critically acclaimed franchise ONE DAY IN AMERICA with the Hulu Original CULT MASSACRE: ONE DAY IN JONESTOWN. The three-part series from Emmy Award-winning 72 Films' executive producers David Glover and Mark Raphael, BAFTA Award-winning director Marian Mohamed, along with Academy Award(R)-winning filmmakers Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin will premiere June 17 on Hulu and will air on National Geographic on Aug. 14.

CULT MASSACRE: ONE DAY IN JONESTOWN tells the story of an idealistic religious organization led by the infamous Jim Jones, who set out to establish a utopian community in Guyana. What began as a peaceful movement seeking social justice ultimately spiraled into a mass casualty that left 918 dead. Told by survivors and eyewitnesses, along with rare footage and rare recordings of Jones, the powerful series takes an immersive look into the final harrowing hours leading up to one of America's darkest chapters.

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/video/2024/05/23/video-national-geographic-and-hulu-debut-trailer-and-announce-premiere-dates-for-cult-massacre-one-day-in-jonestown-229114/20240523hulu01/

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, merylinkid said:

just added to my watch list.   I was a kid when Jonestown happened.   Always been fascinated by this, not in a positive way but in a "Oh my god, those poor people" way.

On my watch list as well too. I was 15 when it happened and seeing 900+ dead bodies caused by deliberate means on TV certainly left an impression on me. I definitely was fascinated by it and same as you, not really in a positive way. I've seen other docs of this event that were pretty good so hopefully this one is too

• Like 1

We watched it a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing to have so much actual footage and definitely worth watching. I had forgotten this was the main reason for the "drinking the Kool-Aid" saying (even though it wasn't actually Kool-Aid there). 

• Like 1