Type keyword(s) to search

United States Of Scandal With Jake Tapper

• Start Topic

CNN doc series that delves into various scandals.

The first season of 6 episodes premiered earlier this year and is currently streaming on Max. CNN has renewed the series, with the second season premiering in 2025

In Season 1, Jake covered the following scandals:

Ep 1: Rob Blagojevich - former Governor of Illinois who had a corruption scandal trying to sell former President Obama’s Senate seat. Jake interviews Blagojevich

Ep 2: Mark Sanford - former South Carolina governor who disappeared for a bit to go see his mistress in Argentina I think and the cover story was he was just hiking the Appalachian Trail. Jake interviews Sanford

Ep 3: John Edwards - former Democratic candidate for president who cheated on his wife with Rielle Hunter and they had a baby. Jake interviews Hunter

Ep 4: Eliot Spitzer - former NY Governor who was revealed to be a client of sex workers after a sting operation. Jake interviews Spitzer’s former mentor and closest friend

Ep 5: Jim McGreevey - former New Jersey Governor who came out of the closet and resigned after a corruption scandal including hiring a boyfriend to work for him. Jake interviews McGreevey

Ep 6: Valerie Plame - former  overt CIA agent outed by the George W. Bush administration after her husband criticized the administration’s rationale for going to war in Iraq. Jake interviews Plame

I haven’t seen the last episode yet, but overall it was an interesting season, with Jake even rethinking how he felt about some of the scandals he covered

The press release for the ordering of the second season doesn’t indicate specific scandals to be covered, but I’ll post it to be complete https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2024/05/15/cnn-orders-a-second-season-of-cnn-original-series-united-states-of-scandal-with-jake-tapper/

• Like 2

Good to hear. I thought the series was well done. Will definitely be interesting to see what scandals are covered next season.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CAM said:

Good to hear. I thought the series was well done. Will definitely be interesting to see what scandals are covered next season.

I did find Rielle Hunter to be a pretty interesting interview in Episode 3. I was disappointed Jake didn't interview John Edwards for that episode, or Spitzer in Episode 4

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

I did find Rielle Hunter to be a pretty interesting interview in Episode 3. I was disappointed Jake didn't interview John Edwards for that episode, or Spitzer in Episode 4

Yeah, agreed. It would have been interesting to hear their thoughts about their scandals after all these years have passed and if they would have handled things differently.

I had forgotten about some of these scandals.  Well done series.  Looking forward to the second season.  It was interesting to see the level of self-sabotage especially with Spitzer, McGreevy and Sanford.