Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E13: In Harm’s Way

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 7:26 PM, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if it's true or not but I think I read somewhere that the bar, in some states, could technically contact people an applicant didn't even submit as a reference.  I don't know if they would but technically could--just like any employer could. 

But removing someone from the bar seems to take quite a bit. 

But the whole thing was as ridiculous as last week's witness used to implicate another witness.  This was even worse because being guilty of a DUI isn't the same kind of moral failing as committing perjury.

I'm wondering if, in terms of being able to pass the bar/become a lawyer, it's more about not lying? We've had a couple friends apply for security clearances, and it sounds like they could have had certain things in their past (like drug use), but the issue would be if they lied about it. My husband did an interview as a reference with the agency for one of the friends and knew he was a heavy pot user (maybe sold it, too?) in college before it was legal (we're kinda old). So we had discussions on how honest he should be.

I think this was a good episode, but also didn't understand why they never showed the video at trial, as that's what made them realize that Baxter was the target. I do hope he's back next year!

Edited by MarylandGirl
Commenting on episoide itself