Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Connection

• Start Topic

After a spontaneous trip to the cabin leaves the Vortex without internet, they decide to spend their time helping Spencer with his latest case studies on relationships; Jordan makes an unexpected discovery about Layla.

I initially thought that a trip to the cabin would be a recipe for disaster, as the only time that a visit there went somewhat well it still ended up with Corey dying.  So I was surprised that it worked out well.  And it really worked out well for Coop.  If she had just disabled the Wi-Fi to help Spencer/Olivia (I doubt she cares all that much about Jordan/Layla), why didn't anyone else bother to check?  I guess that would have taken them away from fighting and complaining.  When Olivia said that she was worried she and Spencer would break up again and Coop said it wouldn't happen, I was like, "Really, Coop?"  Maybe she just meant it wouldn't happen in this episode.  I also liked the blindfold adventures, especially when Olivia tripped and Coop was just like, "Oh yeah, that was a rock." 

I'm not at all surprised that Miko's lawyers are going for a b.s. self-defense angle, but they're really going to have her testify?  Not only would she be perjuring herself, but can she really go that long without going totally psycho?  Of course she'll probably be totally normal in court and Patience will lose it about that while Coop tries to calm her or something.

I'm glad that Layla had decided she would talk to a doctor about her meds, but even if she does now, she'll probably portray herself as more stable than she is, and then she and Jordan will fight about it.  Aside from Coop making one comment in the season premiere about being sad about the cafe being gone, they hadn't given any hints about neighborhood tension about the lounge opening.  I thought at first they'd just been robbed until they showed the graffiti. 

I hope Teresa will go away now.  I don't know why her crazed antics are supposed to be funny when they have so much mental illness portrayed otherwise on the show.  It's a weird tone.  But I guess she and Greg had to be there for an episode to give an excuse to send everyone to the cabin.

I'm glad Laura wasn't pressured into dating anyone yet if she doesn't feel ready.  Interesting that G.W. and Wendy? (Jaclyn Smith) got along so well when I think he used to dislike Laura because she is white.  I guess Laura's dad was a lawyer too, hadn't heard anything else about him.  I liked Laura's reactions to some of her mom's comments about dating and relationships. 

Of course "Sonoma" had to lose their game because it's too early to not have any football (except for maybe the combine) for the rest of the season.  I guess it's early enough in the school year for Spencer to try to get enough credits to graduate early, though probably not plausible for it to happen in the spring unless he had some AP credits or whatever the equivalent is in modern times.  (I had enough credits to finish a quarter early but didn't realize it.)  And I have to give credit to Olivia for being a very fast writer.  I think she said something to Ashley about a deadline last week, but I didn't think she'd already be done with the first draft of the book.  Not unless it's actually one of those 20-page books with pictures of the athlete like they had in the library when I was in elementary school.

• Like 2

No.  NO.  Noooooooo.  LAURA SAID NO.  Why couldn’t they leave her be?  It hasn’t even been a year yet has it?  It just drives me insane when someone sets a boundary and it’s trampled all over.

Fuck’s sake can Coop and Patience be happy for more than 45 minutes or nah?

• Like 2

This was virtually unwatchable for the first 30 minutes, or so.  The entire enterprise seemed to be going through the motions and trodding old fallow grounds.  It was really difficult to overlook the time jumps necessary for most of them to be at the stages declared.  The book is finished?  It barely started in the previous ep.

It was weird to me that Coop escaped completely snarky observations from all of them.  She arguably ignored the deepest truth among all the revelations by the others.  Yet, she was quick to take everyone else's inventory.  Ugh.

Typically, I have no time for whiny Jordan.  This time?  He was stealing my own thoughts.  He really was the victim.  This is a major indicator of just how off this ep was.

Nice to see Jaclyn Smith.

• Like 1