Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Boy in the Corner

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Melanie gets a surprise visit that unleashes Sugar’s dark side.

Ruby receives chilling guidance from a colleague.

Davy makes a tragic decision.

Air Date: April 26, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sugar: “I have a secret.”

Me: “What? You are an alien? A vampire? An AI? Undead? An angel? A hybrid? An experiment of some sort? Tell me.”

Sugar: “I can’t.”

He can’t tell about his secret because it will get him into trouble or he can’t because he doesn’t even sure of his own past?

Agent Miller: “We’re just observing like always.”

Agent Miller throws a line about cottonwood tree. A tree that can live up to 400 years. He says it’s fertile and dead at the same time. Is he talking about something ancient and/or undead?

spacer.png

I always wonder why, when a character's life is threatened and someone shows up to save them, they get all upset when the person who threatened to kill them is getting the shit beat out of them. 

I figured the guy who threatened Melanie was dead, but he was able to walk out of there on his own. 

This show is getting really dark, between what Davie did and the women from Mexico being told to get in a separate van.  So women who were trafficked were also a part of his relationship with Stallings.  

Anna Gunn broke a little bad on Breaking Bad, looks like she has leaned in big time here. 

On 4/26/2024 at 12:53 PM, SeanBug said:

I always wonder why, when a character's life is threatened and someone shows up to save them, they get all upset when the person who threatened to kill them is getting the shit beat out of them. 

Given the pedestal that Melanie has Sugar on, I guess it came crashing down when she saw him beating the guy down. Still, I wondered the same thing.  

I was wavering on if Ruby was real until this episode because she actually left the house. I know there was the house party with the secret agents or whatever, but I still had my doubts. 

I was a bit confused about Davy's confession to Sugar about Olivia and why Stallings would get involved.  The woman that Olivia was talking to was an actress, right?  I didn't think she was being trafficked.  So why even tell Stallings? 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I was a bit confused about Davy's confession to Sugar about Olivia and why Stallings would get involved.  The woman that Olivia was talking to was an actress, right?  I did

n't think she was being trafficked.  So why even tell Stallings? 

I have a feeling Davy used trafficked women as well as any aspiring actresses he could prey upon.  

There's definitely an alien/AI vibe going on here. The typewriter Ruby uses reminiscent of Fringe and X Files (IIRC). 

But the connection with Stallings, why is Ruby and the man she was talking to concerned Sugar knows about him. 

Gotta love the gig Wiley got. So I basically ride around in a cool Corvette with Colin Farrell, or I sleep on set in a big soft bed. #Doglife  #Wileyrules

3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I have a feeling Davy used trafficked women as well as any aspiring actresses he could prey upon.  

I agree.  I think where I got confused was Olivia's connection and why Stallings would possibly kidnap/kill her if the woman she was encouraging to report Davy was the actress we saw Melanie and Sugar talk to. 

But then I remembered the dead woman that Olivia found and then killed Stallings' henchman...maybe that's the connection and not the actress. I may need to watch this series again to keep it straight, heh. 

3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

But the connection with Stallings, why is Ruby and the man she was talking to concerned Sugar knows about him.

I wondered about this too, but a thought occurred to me: Sugar said Olivia reminded him of his sister.  I assumed the sister is dead.  Is it possible that his sister was also a trafficking victim via Stallings? The whole "we are only to observe" schtick is throwing me, I must admit.    

• Like 1