Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Shibuya Crossing

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Melanie and Sugar get caught in a dicey situation — and make a new enemy.

Sugar reunites with old friends, but he senses some are keeping secrets.

Air Date: April 12, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m loving this, the mood, the cinematography, the mystery.

As for the big advertised twist, I’m really hoping for something like 

Spoiler

…in the Martian Manhunter comics the main character learned to be human detective from noir movies.

Here’s my bet they’re all aliens watching humans (John said „on the planet” and not „on Earth”, the penchant for aerial shots, the mysterious overloards). 

The murder/ lost girl case is not as interesting as John himself. 
It’s the necessary background to move the mystery of John’s true identity along.

I’m surprisingly fine with that.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It’s a short episode (32 minutes). I’ve lost interest in Olivia’s disappearance but happy to see Wiley again.

“We’re here to observe these people, not participate in their lives. You need to stay focused. Don’t forget who you are.”

Is John Sugar an alien? He longingly stares at the sky as if he misses home. He learns about human behavior through Hollywood movies.

Is John Sugar an AI? Ruby has reminded him not to interfere or show emotion/interest in others. But his work as PI requires him to engage with people.

Has John Sugar been resurrected and he’s now an angel or something? He is compassionate and loves helping people. He’s seeing flashes, could these be his past memories?

That’s all I have for crazy theories! They aren’t spoilers. 😉

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 3

Another crazy theory then: the society of polyglots consists of time travelers from the future- or travelers from alternate, post-apocalyptic dimension, the one where our moon was destroyed.

I’m still most invested in “aliens” theory :)

Any Fringe fans around here? The typewriter in the case was a little callback for me to that show.

Plus, they didn’t show the keys, we don’t know if there are letters, pictograms or anything else there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1