Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Olivia

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

After solving a case in Japan, private eye John Sugar returns to Los Angeles to help find a missing woman with ties to a Hollywood legend.

Air Date: April 05, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love the overall setting, it oozes classic noir vibes.

Re this episode's opening sequence, I love the iris shot in B&W and also the smooth transition from B&W to color. 💙

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ruby is fully aware of John’s hand spasms. Why would she want him to carry a gun? Just because he’s being followed?

Scenes between John, Carl and Wiley are compassionately heartwarming. 

John shouldn’t have left the dead body in the trunk. It’s sloppy. If he needs more time to figure things out, the body needs to be preserved and secured.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed the first episode and started the second, then realized I needed to get ready for work.  But I can't wait to finish it tomorrow morning.

I think he left the body because he didn't want to let everyone involved know he knew about it? 

I really like Colin Farrell. I just watched The Gentlemen movie, and his character was probably my favorite.   And that's saying a lot, because the entire cast is bonkers. 

When there are rescued dogs involved in the plot of a show I already like, it's like they're saying "okay we've got her hooked".  I was actually saying to the tv "Wiley, don't run out in the street", and when he left the motel "what about Wiley, don't leave him there!". 

• Like 2

Maybe it's the LA setting and the compassionate, loner male lead, but the series reminds a bit of Lincoln Lawyer, except he's a PI, not a defense attorney