Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E12: The Reunion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

At first I thought it was hypocritical for the show to air her outing the friend and Jimmy sleeping together. But honestly that one fight and that exact moment clearly was the reason the relationship/marriage didn't happen. I don't know how they explain it without that. 

The marriage was never going to happen. It was very clear the second he saw she didn't look like Megan Fox because clearly this is the most serious attribute for Jimmy that a wife should have.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

At first I thought it was hypocritical for the show to air her outing the friend and Jimmy sleeping together. But honestly that one fight and that exact moment clearly was the reason the relationship/marriage didn't happen. I don't know how they explain it without that. 

I'm sure they could have explained the marriage not happening without showing the exact dealbreaker. If I were to guess, even what we saw was an edited version of that fight. I have to assume that Chelsea specified which of Jimmy's friends he slept with and a whole lot more that LIB opted not to show to avoid being sued by whichever friend it was.

But it was apparent that Jimmy wasn't going to go through with the marriage at first sight of non-Megan Fox Chelsea. Love for him was definitely not blind.

• Like 2
On 3/19/2024 at 7:08 PM, call me ishmael said:

Okay I am going to try one more time and then we can just agree to disagree 😎

On one side you have a deeply insecure person who has been drinking too much and who is really worried (especially because of Jessica) that her fiancé isn't attracted to her.  In the midst of an argument she screws up.  Is that wrong and was Jimmy right to consider that a deal breaker?  Sure.

On the other side, you have a show's production which has all sorts of film to choose from, an enormous amount of time to decide what to include, likely knows that this was a violation (do we really think that Jimmy didn't tell his producer), is aware that it will mess up two people's lives (who weren't main cast members), and sits down and rationally decides:  'hey it will help ratings so let's include this and watch all the fallout on social media."

Which one of those two do you think is more blameworthy?  I don't care for Chelsea but she made a drunken error.  Netflix made a calculated decision.

Sorry I’m late, traffic was terrible.   We do disagree but it’s all good.   😛Chelsea is more to blame.  Error, drunken faux pas, semantics.  Programmers can edit something out, not put in what was never said.  In fact the reason I hold Chelsea more responsible is she’s not a kid.  She’s 31 years old and somebody’s ex wife, but still fights like a college sophomore, just no holds barred.   I think we needed to know the exact reason it wasn’t gone work because a lot of folks find that navigable.   As for Jimmy, he’s also immature.  Chelsea was insecure about enough stuff without him thinking he was “helping” to be transparent with that story.  In order of assignment of blame:  Jimmy 60%, Chelsea 35%, Netflix 5%.

Bobcat says it better though:

On 3/24/2024 at 6:32 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

• Like 2