Type keyword(s) to search

STEVE! (martin): a documentary in 2 pieces - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Apple plus

March 29

Limited & Event Series

Steve Martin is one of the most beloved and enigmatic figures in entertainment. STEVE! (martin) a documentary in 2 pieces dives into his extraordinary story from two distinct points of view, with companion documentaries that feature never-before-seen footage and raw insights into Steve’s personal and professional trials and triumphs. “Then” chronicles Steve Martin’s early struggles and meteoric rise to revolutionize standup before walking away at 35. “Now” focuses on the present day, with Steve Martin in the golden years of his career, retracing the transformation that led to happiness in his art and personal life.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I love Steve Martin now but I found this boring. Don’t think his early comedy was very funny. Just juvenile. I did like 2 wild & crazy guys back in the day though 😃 

14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I found it interesting, particularly when it was noted that longing is a big part in a lot of his characters.

Some of the information was interesting but the film was still dull in its presentation. 

7 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Some of the information was interesting but the film was still dull in its presentation. 

Fair point.

I do respect him for superimposing a stick figure image over his daughter. Never hurts to protect your children’s privacy.

• Like 1