Type keyword(s) to search

Question on this Travis/Rust connection

• Start Topic

So, I just need some clarification on this Travis is Rust father assumption.  What year is it supposed to be in Season 4? The reason I am asking is Season 1 set in 1995 (i believe), and I THINK Rust' dad is dead (again I assume).  If I remember correctly, Rust says he saw his dad come to him in a vision in the last episode. If that is the case, and the new series is present time, how would it be that this is actually Rust father? Navarro apparently found him per episode 2.....she certainly isnt that old. hope that makes sense.

Just because you are in a vision does not mean you are dead, esp with this lot. 

Navarro is around 40. Depending on alaskan law, of course, she could have been a trooper before 1995. At least around then. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

Just because you are in a vision does not mean you are dead, esp with this lot. 

Navarro is around 40. Depending on alaskan law, of course, she could have been a trooper before 1995. At least around then. 

Is the show supposed to be set in current day?  If so, then if the character is 40, she would have been twelve in 1995.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Is the show supposed to be set in current day?  If so, then if the character is 40, she would have been twelve in 1995.

You are right I missed the fifteens. The actress is close to 40.  However see below:
https://screenrant.com/true-detective-timeline-all-seasons-years-cases-overlap/

apparently the end of season 1 is in 2012 and Cohle says he is in Alaska 2002 to 2010, if i have that right. So if he says he saw a vision in the latter part of the first season timeline,?and we assume that meant Travis was dead, this is all still in Navarros adulthood, she may have to have been playing older than her actor’s years.

You do have to be 21 to start the academy to be a trooper, btw.

https://dps.alaska.gov/ast/recruit/qualifications

Season 4 shows us the date, dec 17, 2023, on the screen before we see what happens just before the tsalal incident( twist and shout/microwave popcorn. )

Idon’t temember when Cohle says this, but I don’t think it matters or is a ‘plothole’ by any stretch. At best it would be a minor continuity error that doesn’t change anything.

Edited by Affogato
  • Useful 1