Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02 Favor for a Favor

• Start Topic

Charles introduces Bruce to his unique line of work while trying to get rid of a body. But he continues to be a moving target everywhere he goes.

The subtitle showing Bruce's shaky Chinese was so great. That is exactly how it feels to listen to a language one half-knows.

The title sequence is awfully short considering it's a streaming show with no particular need to hit a specific duration. But it was inspired to make it look like an LA/SGV (San Gabriel Valley) strip mall sign.

Call me naive, but I don't believe a dumbphone/flipphone has that kind of resolution, not even in 2024.

Oh wow, the authenticity is so high they had Chicanos in the kitchen of the Chinese restaurant! (If that sounds sarcastic, it's not. My understanding is LA is super Mexican and has Latine cooks in restaurants of every cuisine.)

The dinosaur fight was great, but between this and the masked assassins (and helmet wearing assassins) in ep 1, it's clear they have a relatively small number of fight/stunt performers and need to create the illusion of more by hiding faces. Huge kudos to the stunt team for fighting in those ridiculous costumes though; that must be so much harder than doing it with full vision.

Good move by Bruce to create a distraction. It's crazy Charles didn't think to take off his blood-soaked jacket.

A deputy DA is definitely a cop.

I enjoyed Bruce doing improv of a T-rex and Charles explaining he was doing improv with the other guy commenting, "He's not very good."  That fight was really fun, especially when they showed it from the birthday party with none of the kids noticing.  

We're starting to get some ideas of the boys' early relationship.  They were separated when Bruce was very young.  Charles has to resent that Bruce did not have to grow up in the triad.