Type keyword(s) to search

The Brothers Sun in the Media

• Start Topic

THR interviews Sam Song Li (Bruce) about this show as well has his first big break in TV (an episode of Better Call Saul).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/the-brothers-sun-sam-song-li-interview-michelle-yeoh-better-call-saul-1235778849/

Once you read with Justin, was it obvious that the two of you were the right combo?

Yes, what immediately stood out to me was Justin’s ability to totally nail the humor in these tense, dramatic conversations. He had this playful undertone to his intensity that totally sucked me into the scene. Funnily enough — and apparently this was true for him as well — but the moment we both saw each other for the very first time in those chemistry tests, we both went, “Aww shit, we’re screwed.” We thought the other person was definitely going to get cast, and that we wouldn’t be a good match due to our height difference. I thought Justin was going to get cast and that I was too tall to play his younger brother, but he thought I was going to get cast and that he was too short to play my older brother. So it’s kinda funny how those thoughts went through our heads, simultaneously. (Laughs.)

The team on the show, esp the ending. Spoilers. https://www.salon.com/2024/01/15/brothers-sun-ending-season-2/

"Damn, lady!": "Brothers Sun" team on that ending, Michelle Yeoh's "torture" input and what's next

[…]

While a mid-credits scene sets up a possible second season – […] – Wu hasn't solidified any plans yet.

"[Co-creator Brad Falchuk] and I have have talked about it and thought about it for a little bit," Wu said. "Knock on wood. Let's hope we can do it."

The show was in Netflix’s top ten for English language shows for five weeks, per Deadline.

The Brothers Sun launched to critical praise, with reviewers hailing Oscar winner Yeoh’s standout performance. The show spent five weeks in the Netflix Top 10 for English-language series, peaking at No. 2, but it couldn’t find a large audience. Its performance was modest by Netflix standards, with its number of weekly views staying below 7 million and slipping under 2 million for its last two weeks in the Top 10.

I don’t understand how Netflix made a show that lasted on its top 10 for five weeks (esp considering its binge drop model) and then just cancelled it instead of seeing that as a success to build on.

• Like 1