Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Two Calls

• Start Topic

1478x832.webp

Convinced there’s a link between the emergency calls, June sets out to prove a theory — but Hegarty stays one step ahead.

Premiere Date: January 10, 2024    Apple TV+     

After 2 episodes , the intertwining of the past and present cases is quite straightforward. Narrative wise, am hoping for more complex, compelling and layered crime mysteries than a wrongful conviction plot.

Will the themes of modern policing, power, privilege, institutional racism and misogyny be handled well without going woke & preachy?

June isn’t being cautious despite knowing that Professional Standards is onto her. Daniel has taken advantage of this to stay ahead of the game. Chloe continuously providing intel to June makes me nervous. Everything is traceable and wall has ears. By working closely with Sonya, hopefully June will start strategizing and stop railroading.

DCI Daniel Hegarty has a menacing presence and frightening look, but is he a baddie? I haven’t made up my mind yet. 👀 

126CF1C4-3DCA-4EF6-AA07-C4A863451EEF.jpeg

• Like 2
(edited)

On 1/11/2024 at 3:15 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

DCI Daniel Hegarty has a menacing presence and frightening look, but is he a baddie? I haven’t made up my mind yet.

I don't know how this will evolve, but Geez, there  were indeed some shots of Capaldi that made him look like the incarnation of evil.. 

So far, the whole show is its two leads. They are both amazing actors with a strong presence and very well directed and filmed. I actually do not mind much about the crime plot so far, as long as those two keep doing their thing on screen.

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 4