Type keyword(s) to search

Season Ten: Goren and Eames Make a Comeback To Say Goodbye...

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thank you @WendyCR72 for recreating the season threads. CI used to be my third favorite of the franchise but rewatches and discussions here have it firmly at #2, behind the mothership (and way ahead of SVU). Much appreciated for the continuing discussions!

af99aa1967d5e9b4ea4180b06001c06f.gif

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m so glad Goren/Eames came back for a final sendoff after the absolute dog shit way they were written off in season 9. Who the fuck thought that was a satisfying ending for two awesome characters? It was great that they came back and got a satisfying send off, and that Goren got his mojo back and showed the liveliness he had in earlier seasons instead of carrying around a ton of baggage like he had in the last couple of seasons.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Watching "The Consoler" with the creepy Monsignor now.

Another "Eames gives Goren a look that would kill" episode after he disses Joe Hannah.

Edited by Shadow Lass
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

Watching "The Consoler" with the creepy Monsignor now.

Another "Eames gives Goren a look that would kill" episode after he disses Joe Hannah.

I just watched it as well, it’s a great episode. I liked the complex plot of how each suspect had something to hide. The Monsignor was a creep, and hopefully he lost his position after it came out he was blackmailing women into sex, it looked like he was in major trouble with his superior the cardinal. I liked when Eames called him slime. I loved how Goren figured everything out and his interrogation of Johnny at the end was great. I didn’t feel sympathy for Johnny, yes his backstory was tragic but he murdered Theresa out of greed because it was about to come out that Theresa helped him steal the money. I didn’t buy his crying that he didn’t want to kill her and didn’t mean to kill her, he planned it out carefully so that the death would look like a suicide, I think he was just upset he got caught. 
This really felt like classic CI with a strong intricate case and good detective work from Goren/Eames. It was interesting when Goren casually told Hannah “don’t be a moron” and Hannah reprimanded him. 

• Like 1