Type keyword(s) to search

Zorro (Spanish Language) Secuoya Studios / Mediawan / Prime Video

• Start Topic

GAMM8n2XoAAcefG?format=jpg&name=large

Zorro is a 10 Episode (Spanish Language) TV Series made by Secuoya Studios and will be streaming on Prime Video in the US on January 19, 2024 and in several international countries through Mediawan on January 24, 2024. Filmed in the Canary Islands, Spain, each episode attempts to be a self-contained story. 

F_tVWNDXkAAneus?format=jpg&name=4096x409

F8UmHviWYAA3C7T?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Zorro is based on a classic character created by Johnston McCulley, first serialized in the short story "The Curse of Capistrano" in 1919 in the pulp magazine All-Story Weekly. Johnston McCulley went on to publish more than 60 Zorro stories. Zorro (Spanish for Fox) was a dashing masked vigilante who defends the commoners and indigenous peoples of California against corrupt and tyrannical officials and other villains in his signature all-black costume,  with a cape, a mask covering the upper half of his face, and a hat known as a "sombrero cordobés". Zorro has appeared in a number of Movies and TV series over the years.

F1QQn_6XoCIZNFu?format=jpg&name=large

In this version of Zorro, everyone expects to control Los Angeles, California in 1834. The old colonizers, the newly installed government craving support from Mexico after serving the Spanish crown, the Russian oligarchs using their Russian-American companies, the French who don’t want to relinquish their control of this rich territory and the newly formed United States of America. The victims of this struggle are always the same, the people; the native indigenous people, some of which serve as semi slaves in the missions, while others remain free, the Mexican workers exploited and disenfranchised by the government, and the immigrants of every race and origins that came looking for opportunities. 

F8jbQ_dXoAAM2gj?format=jpg&name=large

zorrotrailer.jpg

Diego de la Vega leaves Spain returning to California, to avenge the murder of his father, the previous Zorro. Although at first he has no intention of putting on the iconic vigilante suit, he will discover the true situation of the inhabitants of California and the injustices they suffer daily and will earn their respect and affection by his innate sense of justice and his enormous empathy, to become their new hero, Zorro. Nah-Lin, a young woman from the Kumiai tribe, competes with Zorro for the mask.

31ae7e83-1160x700-1.jpeg

F8zJ30rWkAAS8r-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Miguel Bernardeau as Diego de la Vega, a landowner by day and Zorro by night

F_tVWLZWQAA_nx8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

F7J73-FXsAA15Rt?format=jpg&name=medium

Renata Notni as Lolita Marquez, a love from Diego's youth

Dalia Xiuhcoatl as Nah-Lin, a woman from the Kumiai tribe, who believes she should be wearing the mask

Emiliano Zurita as Captain Monasterio, he commands the troops and places a bounty on Zorro's head

F_tVWOIWIAAiKZx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Rodolfo Sancho as Gobernador, the governor, a villain 

Joel Bosqued as Samael

Paco Tous as Mudo

Elia Galera

Cristo Fernández 

Francisco Reyes

Cecilia Suárez

Luis Tosar

Ana Layevska

Interesting. Disney has taken so long with theirs that I'm not really surprised other versions have shown up. This one doesn't look half bad.

But is my one year of high school Spanish up to the task? I don't mind the occasional subtitled movie or telenovela episode but they're distracting in action heavy pieced. 

Zorro     January 19, 2024     Prime Video   

Episodes 1-4   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: The Chosen One
0778566.jpg
0722407.jpg
0792606.jpg

Diego de la Vega returns to California to avenge his father’s murder. After assuming the title of Zorro, he initiates his struggle against Nah-Lin, a Native American who he believes has stolen his inheritance. Diego will confront the Governor, the malevolent leader of the Chinese community and a secret society, placing the common good above all. In doing so, he will sacrifice his love for Lola.

3c9c91614dbaa6206ee3af3c34d6c84d74a5e6aa

S01.E02: Inheritance

0667808.jpg
0694327.jpg

To attract Zorro's attention, Diego and Lolita are held hostage in a robbery at the loan office. Lolita gets injured and Diego questions whether he is up to the task of wearing the mask.

3224ec56aafdad224d81f6a68c061fce1ae5ba0f

S01.E03: The Bet

0736447.jpg

A woman is missing in Chinatown, calling Zorro to take action. Matters get worse with the unfortunate explosion at the Ramirez mine. Additionally, Diego learns the painful news of the murder of his father.

a690a1f6b3f04481bbb07fb92029b9ab603a9e51

S01.E04: Revenge

0653768.jpg

Zorro is instilling fear in an open war against the governor. Lolita is torn by her emotions for Diego while Monasterio unveils something about Zorro that is going to change everything.

b8d5d2abab156ef638204dd3d43fb9ddefd52a20

S01.E05: The Execution

pz1UUZP7tv8Ys0tr34hGBClfjY0.jpg

Monasterio suspects that Zorro is not what the governor claims him to be. Diego and Nah-Lin feel forced to leave behind their differences and strike a truce to free the captured indigenous people. Diego uncovers a crucial clue to find his father’s murderers.

635428179f7949a57f0e4273d52eb4d7ea32ca53

S01.E06: Mask Games

The auction for Ramirez’s lands seems to have a pre-fixed winner: The Russo-American company. Right after attempting to avoid Andreyévich from making the auction, Diego is surprised by the visit of the Bear Clan. Lolita is confused with her feelings for Diego and her engagement with Monasterio.

4cb6c2e4b3bd55ed3db6622412c3e0f1b097b1aa

S01.E07: The Myth

0764526.jpg

Accounts of Zorro appear in The Californian, which helps Ivanova find the missing piece to her plans. Diego gets a final warning from one of Nah-Lin's men that puts at risk his secret identity.

8873166be71b7bc7f2f0c961f0d614b6415d9c2f

S01.E08: The Wedding

Nah-Lin discovers that Lolita is Diego’s weakness, so she threatens to kill her on her weeding day if he doesn’t give up being Zorro.

9419a10ca4d97c70fe1937ba8d2d22aa1bf22099

S01.E09: Unmasked

jycgzuz8sC7qgPBDveBhiddne1R.jpg

The Bear Clan asks Diego for a loyalty test. If he wants to prevent it, he must uncover the murderers before the established deadline. Lolita confronts Diego about Zorro’s identity.

S01.E10: The Three Funeral Mask Dance

03a37fbac1d1182b979f487e21d1c2c6c9e15c7e

Guadalupe and Samael arrive in Los Angeles to claim part of Alejandro’s inheritance. The deadline is almost over: Diego must kill Monasterio.

• Useful 1
On 1/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, tessaray said:

Interesting. Disney has taken so long with theirs that I'm not really surprised other versions have shown up. This one doesn't look half bad.

But is my one year of high school Spanish up to the task? I don't mind the occasional subtitled movie or telenovela episode but they're distracting in action heavy pieced. 

I just saw the first episode, by default an English dubbed version came up.  My bet is it won't be Latin American Spanish since it was produced in Spain. Although I do recognize one blond actress from the Mexican produced Yankee.

In tone it feels more like The Pinkertons that the Canadians made than The Musketeers made by the BBC. And it has the silly stuff like going for near miss warning shots with muskets.

• Useful 1