Type keyword(s) to search

Sinatra

Milburn Stone
  • Start Topic

Just putting a message in a bottle to see if there are any Sinatra devotees here besides me. I enjoy many singers, but no one does it for me like Sinatra. I love the Capitol years, but find myself listening to the Reprise years more often. For me, those years in the sixties were his peak, even though technically the voice was better in the fifties. I could never explain what his music does for me. But whatever it is, it does it.

*raises hand* Nearly his entire catalog predates me, but he was my grandfather's favorite, and my mom played the hell out of "That's Life" when I was growing up. Now, I've built a collection of my own of his music. The man defined cool to probably three generations, and modern singers of traditional pop are still chasing his shadow.

Edited by dewelar
  • Like 1

A little off topic and not gonna lie.   Couldn't help myself posting this.  The funniest SNL skit ever to me I thought was when Phil Hartman played the older chain smoking Sinatra making curt and snarky comments to everybody.  

• LOL 1